Chapter XVII - Moving On

CHAPTER XVII

I’ve been sitting here for the past forty-five minutes and I don’t really know if this party could get any..wilder.

Yes. They are wild, half of the girls are drunk and most of the guys are pretty much enjoying this.

Some are smoking, some are playing stupid games and most of them are making out. Grabe silang maghalikan parang katapusan na ng mundo bukas. Mga sabik. I’m sure they don’t even know each other. Ugh. Varsity players.

I saw Serena talking to her friends from her org and I spotted Theo hiding at the back of the poster. Why is he hiding and who is he hiding from?

 I drank my fourth beer up to the last drop then when I look at Theo again, he’s still there.

 I can also see Erika Cruz and her not-so-pretty face from here. Bat ba andito na naman tong babaeng to?! Ininvite ba siya ni Blake?! It’s either Blake didn’t call her off or..she’s dating one of Blake’s guests.

One word. Slut.

And speaking of Blake, where is he? He didn’t even have the chance to blow his birthday candles because those basketball bastards ate half of the cake and they threw the other half to each other.

 “Damn this party sucks.” I said to myself then I rolled my eyes.

“Theo? Theo? Where are you?” Erika called. Oh. I see. The thought made me giggle. She’s hunting Theo now that Blake’s not interested in her anymore. Aww, that’s classy Erika.

I saw Theo closed his eyes as he silently swore to himself. Erika’s on the other side of the poster but when she’s about to spot Theo, someone called her. Erika left but Theo still has his eyes closed. I guess he did not notice that Erika’s gone. I took the opportunity of him being scared and I abruptly stood up and walked to him slowly.

“Boo!” I yelled.

“AHHHHH!” Theo shouted. He looked shocked for a moment then his cheeks reddened after realizing that it was me. I laughed out loud.

He screamed like a girl!

“Hahahaha! Seriously? You’re gonna shout like that if Erika finds you?” I asked him still giggling.

“Ha-ha. Very childish Ava. Very childish.” He replied, still looking uneasy.

“That was priceless. You should’ve seen your face, Mr. Popular.” I told him, still laughing. Why can’t I stop laughing. Am I drunk?

“I think you’re drunk.” Theo stated.

“No I’m not, because if I am, I would  not be talking to you, I would be vomiting all over you.” I replied and then rolled my eyes.

“Okay. Fine.” He answered and he turned away.

“You’re leaving?” I asked and I can’t hide the disappointment in my voice.

Why am I disappointed? Well, I feel like I’m a stranger in my own house. And there’s just too many people here and I.. I am alone. And maybe Idon’t like to be alone.

“Why?” He asked, shocked. Pano ba naman kasi hindi mgugulat to e wala na ko ginawa kung hindi itaboy siya, tapos ngayon, ayaw kong paalisin.

“Uhm. Wala naman..kasi-”

“Gusto mo ko makasama no?” He asked me and he smiled.

 Darn it?! Where is he getting all his confidence?

I narrowed my eyes at him. “You know what? Go. Go away! Stay away from me..you thick faced bastard.” I swore to him. He just laughed at me and stayed where he is.