Chapter 10

Mike suddenly took his shirt off and wrapped it around the wound to help stop the bleeding.
"I don't think the bite affected his brain, if it did then he won't survive." Mike said as he put more pressure onto the wound. Vincent cried out in pain. You whimpered and more tears fell out of your eyes and onto the ground. Everything felt like it was in slow motion. The minutes seemed like hours and the hours felt like days.
"Y/N, come here," your dad said and you went over to his side. "I-I know I'm not going to make it just-" he coughed "-just know that my madness, my insanity will..." His voice trailed off as he leant his head back and closed his eyes. You took his hand in yours.
"No! Please!" You yelled feeling the coldness in his hands. You could see him struggling to stay alive.
"Y/N, I love you," he said at a low whisper. Then, time stopped. You could feel it. Nothing moved, not even the clock on the wall. Everything went silent.
You then saw a ghost-like figure come out of your dad's body and float above him before looking at you. You saw the coldness in its eyes, it was like looking insanity in the face. In one swift movement, it came towards you and disappeared.
Suddenly everything went back to normal. You were at home, in your bed. You checked the time, it was 7:00 A.M. Was it a dream? You sat up and realized it wasn't your bed, but a white bed with white sheets and pillows. And your surroundings were white as well. There was a very strong smell of medicine. Then it hit you. You were in a hospital. Not just any hospital though, a mental hospital.
___
"I went insane, after long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe