Chapter 30

Joanna opened her eyes a t a very terrifying and dusty sight. Something was on top of her and she couldn’t feel her legs.

She coughed a little because of the amount of the dust she just inhaled and stopped quickly when she heard a man’s groans. It was Tom.

It all came back to her then, she was suspicious of the guard the guard with the scar. When they reached Tom, she saw the way the odd guard was eyeing Tom. What confirmed her suspicions was when the guard pulled a gun from his side pocket and she yelled as she ran, “TOM, look out!”. And then.

BOOM.

It wasn’t the gun shot sound, no. Guns wouldn’t have blown the whole shower area into crumpled walls.

“TOM!” Joanna called. “Tom?” she said again when she heard a groan. She tried to pull away from the wall that was on top of her lower half body, but she was too stuck.

She heard clumsy footsteps approaching her, and her eyes searched the dusty air for a moving shape, which then became cleared when it was so close to her.

It wasn’t Tom; it was the man with the scar.

“NO!” she bellowed as she tried to free her self again, violently this time.

“Stay back. Fuck!” Joanna yelled when she felt one of her leg muscles snaps at the fierce movement.

The man was approaching closer.

“No! TOM, Tom where the hell are you?” she cried out again, hoping that Tom would appear from somewhere among the other shapes that lay solidly behind the dusty air.

He didn’t.

“Shut up!” the man finally spoke. He bent down to left the piece of concrete that was on top of her.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” she bellowed, trying to push him with her shaking hands. Someone help me, she thought.

“JULIAAAAN!” she shouted when the man with the scar tried to pull her out from underneath the wall.

Almost instantly, a shape of a man appeared behind the guard and with entwined fists, Julian Drake knocked the man on the ground. Before he could yell in pain, Julian kicked him in his teeth and the man then cried and rolled in pain. Julian pulled him up, by the collar of his shirt and gave him two vicious blows that missed up his face and bashed him out for good.

“Oh God! Julian. What happened?” Joanna said, her eyes still shocked.

“It’s the mafia.” Julian said softly as he looked around to make sure there wasn’t more. “They are here for you.” He looked at her then before he bent and grabbed the unconscious man from his hair and pulled him as if he was a piece of meat.

“Where are you going?” Joanna asked when she saw him moving away, the man’s hair in his tight fist.

“I’m coming back, Anna. Stay still.” He promised and then disappeared into the dust.

Joanna staid there for a few seconds before her eyes widened when she heard something.

Someone.

“Tom?” she asked, trying not to raise her voice. “Where are you, Tom?” Joanna asked again and saw a figure far away from her that lay on the ground.

Tom was struggling to get out from under the piles that fell on him.

“No no no no, Tom! Stay still.” Joanna hissed, hoping that her voice would reach him.