Chapter 42

Dedicated to the awesome bookworm_ninja for helping me editing. You are so cool!

Love you all, sorry for the wait.

*Kisses & hugs*

Click- click- click- click- click……

It was all what Joanna could hear for the past night as she half laid motionlessly on the bed, her hands tied above her head to the bed rail.

She didn’t sleep. She couldn’t sleep. The last thing she wanted right now is some ugly nightmare chasing her through her most vulnerable night of her life.

It’s true. She has been through so many dark situations, but this one by far was the worst.

Julian was a traitor.

She still couldn’t wrap her mind around it. How could she, when he was the only light she got since she lost her father?

The only fake- light.

Still, it was so hard to believe, and something deep inside her shouted to her to believe his words. “Trust Me,” he’d said.

She just couldn’t.

[BlueBird off line]: Hi, Lion. My excuse to spend more time in the library has run out. So I won’t be able to help you with Z anymore until I find another excuse.

But we made progress, so that’s good. J

How’s J? I hope she’d ok. Tell her hi for me.

Julian snapped the laptop shut once he finished reading Hank’s E-mail. His luck couldn’t get any worse, he thought.

He turned his head and looked out the window. The light of dawn was cracking the sky, welcoming a new bright day.

Well, not for him.

He hadn’t checked on Joanna since the last time he was with her in the bedroom. He hoped she was sleeping, and having no nightmares.

He felt so bad for tying her up like that. But if anyone knew Joanna would realize that she would not sit still. She was going to jump out of the window if he hadn’t stop her.

Julian blew a long breath before he stood up and went to the kitchen. At least he could make some food for her.

“Anna?” Julian said as he opened the door slowly. He tried to stay expressionless when he saw Joanna’s eyes.

she was awake. Wide-awake. And she had a hunted look in her face that told him plenty.

He kept a firm hold on the tray he’d prepared for her and walked inside.

“I made you breakfast.” He said and placed the tray on the bedside table before he reached and started untying the belt around her hands.

“I’m sorry about this. Just had to make sure you wouldn’t attempt suicide again.” He joked but Joanna kept an impassive expression as she kept staring at the door.

Once he pulled his belt our, he held her wrists in his hands and rubbed them gently, hating how red they appeared. Joanna only rolled her eyes down and looked at what he was doing.