Chapter Six

Kanika's POV

I was standing in front of a greek god. He was so handsome and cute and I could just make out with him right here. Ra bless such a perfect creation.

"Who's this?" He said, with a smirk I'd love to wipe off his face with a kiss.
"I'm Kanika." I replied. My voice almost stopped working, he was that handsome.
"Kanika what?"
"Just Kanika."
He looked lost in thought for a moment.

"Only a fling. Not a mate. Fling. Just a fling." Kamilah said in her whiny voice.
"What the hell? Ra, I'd stay with him forever. I'd never get tired of that face. Look at him!" I said, almost sounding like Aisha's squeals.

"Who's the man?" He said, gritting his straight, pearly white teeth while glaring at Mkhail.
"Mkhail, my cousin." I replied, staring at him.

The Greek god told us to come inside, a scrawny yet slightly cute boy following him around like a damn tail.

Mkhail was awfully quiet the whole time. He didn't even stare at one girl. Nothing.

Mkhail stayed outside what seemed like an office with the skinnier boy while I went inside. Before I could, Mkhail clutched my arm.
"You're walking into the wolve's den." He whispered, looking around.
"What?" I said, raising a brow.
"These are wolves. All of them. Careful, Nika."

I took a deep breath and nodded, walking inside. The god closed the door and went for a nice plush chair that sat behind a neat desk. I strolled right inside and sat down, forgetting where and who I was with.

I stared at him a lot. He smelt so good, cherry wine and a little something else. Dumbfounded, I just streched out my arm and gave him the box. He grabbed it and our fingers touched ever so slighty, and I smiled as I felt a heavenly shock go through my body, then pulled confused and frightened. Of course, I wasn't showing I was scared.

What was that shock?

I stared at him yet again, noticing his great body. He was almost covered head to toe in tattoos and that made my knees wobbly. And that's when I noticed it: the lotus tattoo.

"You're the man in my dream." I blurted. He looked at me with shock as he too also saw my tattooed lotus.
"How'd you know?" He said, barely a whisper.

I shrugged and looked away.
"I don't know. I...I had seen the exact same lotus on your neck, in a dream of mine."

He didn't reply. He just stood there, looking at me.

"That's amazing. I had a dream, you were there too. I'd never heard a thing like that happen to mates. You learn a new thing everyday."
"Excuse me?"
"Human. You're a human. A wolf would know what a mate is." 

What.The.Fuck.

"You can't be my mate."
"You're my mate."
"You're a wolf. I'm a..." I was about to say pantheress, but I'd thought it be better later.
"Human. That happens. It's okay."

Selene. Selene had done this to me. She did it on purpose. I was going to make her stop this. He was hot as hell, but in no way was I being mated to a mutt...a very sexy mutt. A mutt I wanted to....nevermind!

"Fuck you." Was all that came out my mouth. I hated myself for talking like that to him when in fact it was his mother who did that.
"And your mom." I added, giving him a glare Mkhail usually gave.

"Mom. You know my mom?" He said, brightening up.
"Damn right I do. And she's a motherfucking bitch for mating me to...that." I pointed to him, making a disgusted face.

Ace's POV

A growl slipped from my lips and I edged forward. I could take her right here, right now. Fuck, I could take her anywhere and anytime.