Chapter Ten

Ace's POV

God, she was so beautiful. I stared at her.
"Hey." I said. She opened her eyes, she was falling asleep. Damnit, Ace.
"Yeah?" She replied, her lips forming a smile.
"Tell me about you, Nika."

Nika bit her lip and looked away, as if unsure pf what to tell me.
"You'll know pretty soon. Right now, I don't think I should tell you."
"Is it bad?"
"No. Just unbelievable."
"C'mon. Wouldn't me being a wolf be unbelievable?"
"No. I'm a pantheress, you ass."
"Right. I mean, vampires and ghosts exist too, isn't that unbelievable."
"I have vampire friends. A few ghost ones too."

I stuck my tongue out at her and she smirked, showing me the finger.
"Okay. I don't think anything would really surprise me right now."
"Sure."
"C'mooonnn!!"

I tugged at her arm and used the puppy eyes on her, which had no effect.
"Fine. Come closer."
Tucker was jumping and howling. God, calm down. I slowly got closer to her, our chests barely an inch from each other's.
"Not what I was expecting, but I like it."
"Ahem."

"I was born in...I forgot. When you're so old, that shit takes it's toll on you. I'm about 2,000 years old. I'll ask mom later. Um. I can shift into a panther, or any other feline I want. Kamilah is my main, and it's like when I'm not really paying attention, she's in panther mode. That's my strongest and best shift."

I pretended to cough before she could go on.
"Kanika. I want to know how old you are."
"I told you. I knew you wouldn't believe me."
"It's not like you're a vampire panther thing."

Nika rolled to the edge of the bed and hissed.
"I am not a panther thing!"
"I know, but you get the idea."
"I have an idea. Search goddess mafdet daughter on google."
"What does have to do with you?"

"Do it. And I'll kiss you."
"Sure!"
I took the phone, which laid on the bed, and unlocked it. My homescreen was changed to a really cute photo of Nika. I couldn't help but smile.
"I love my homescreen." I whispered, but even then Nika heard and blushed.

I searched for what Nika had told me reluctantly, honestly. I had no idea what this had to do with her.

"Kanika. Rumored to be Daughter of Mafdet, first of the Egyptian cat goddesses. Many doubt she is actually Mafdet's daughter, due to the fact they are hardly ever seen together, both pictures and drawings. Rumours Kanika also are that she is not Egyptian, as people claim to see her all over the world.

They think of her as the cat goddess of traveling, seeing there are many cats around the world, giving her an opportunity to travel to the place in which they are located.

Kanika, means black, as she is mostly depicted as a black pantheress. She looks like her mother, with tan skin, silky black hair and warm brown eyes. A tall, slim body.

2,000 years approximately.

She is one of the few immortals to be seen out of her Egyptian realm, but only because of her love for traveling.

Kanika is also associated with Mkhail, another son of a cat goddess, who is of war and the daughter of another cat goddess, Aisha. Many believe they are truly a family, always inseparable considering wherever Kanika is seen, she is with Mkhail and Aisha.

Her only know enemy is Kepi, daughter of cobra goddess. Many say that Kepi is jealous and angry at Mafdet, and takes it out on Kanika.

Kanika, minor cat goddess of traveling."

The site had a picture of Kanika too, but it looked old. I clicked on it and zoomed, noticing how every one of the features on the picture of the goddess, looked just like my Kanika.

I gaped at her and she smiled softy, giving me a slight shrug.
"She must be an ancestor, or something." I explained. Nika shook her head.
"That's me, alright. Although, I don't consider me a goddess, just a daughter of one."
"That can't be you."
"I swear it is."

I turned to look up at the ceiling. Okay. I'm mated to an ancient, cat goddess who shifts into a panther. How, just how?

Not that I didn't like Nika, she was gorgeous and I already adored her, but this was a truly akward match. I've never heard of a wolf mated to a feline.

Nika sighed and tugged at my arm, until I faced her again. She stared into my eyes, making me slightly dizzy. I closed them, involuntarily.

I saw what seemed like Egpyt, and I noticed a pyramid being built. There were hundreds of slaves. I noticed two women, obviously not slaves as they dressed in silk and gold, talking and looking at the pyramid from afar.

It was Nika and another woman who I assumed was her Mother, since they looked very much alike. I tried to listen, but they talked in another language.

And I got about 2 other visions or dreams or whatever, I'm not sure what even happened.

"Do you believe me?" She asked quietly.
"I think so." I replied.