Chapter Seven

Mkhail's POV

"You gonna tell him?" I asked Kanika. She had been quiet ever since she came out of that damn office. I'd heard everything so I knew why she was like that.

"Tell him what?" She said, looking up at me.
"Tell him you're a panther."
"No."
"I knew you wouldn't, being a panther and all."
"Huh."
"Panthers have more than one mate."
"You calling me a slut?"
"Of course not. I'm just saying; panthers are polygamous. And don't feel bad, lions are too."

Kanika cringed and shook her head.
"Embrace your wild side." I said, hugging her as I said embrace.
"I do. I just don't take the polygamy thing to heart unlike a certain someone." She teased.
"It's good life, shush."

I was worried about Kanika. I knew how strong mate bonds could be, I knew wolves, and I knew she'd get hurt even though she didn't want the boy.

It wouldn't work out, mate bond or not. Panther or not. Kanika loved travelling, and she wouldn't give it up for anything, not even her mom, rather less a damn boy.

And as much as I argued with the little brat, I loved her to pieces. So If that boy starts getting ideas, I'm here.

            I don't mind getting dirty for Kanika.

Ace's POV

I sat alone in my office, drawing invisible shapes on the desk with my finger.
"She'll come around." Tucker said. Yeah. I hope so. I sighed and took a sip of the hot coffe Robyn had brought me. She was taking over the pack for awhile, knowing about my mood.

I opened the box Kanika had brought with her, and I decided to open it.

A necklace with a lotus like Kanika's was inside, along with another one like mine. Kanika's lotus was gold with pink and white diamonds while mine was silver with red, yellow and white diamonds.

I put on the pink on and clutched it tightly.
"Selene. Please help me conquer Kanika's heart." I muttered to myself.

Kanika's POV

I sat on my bed drinking some coffee while figuring everything out. Maybe I should give him a chance. Or confront Selene.

Aisha burst into my room with freshly baked cookies and sat down on my bed.
"Shall we discuss the earlier events over some cookies?" She said, with a fake posh accent.
"Sure, M'lady." I replied with a sucky British accent. Aisha handed me a chocolate chip cookie and smiled.

"Do tell."
I nodded and told her everything that happened. I liked talking with Aisha because she'd actually listen no matter how dumb. She'd nod and say "Mm-hmm", then pass me another cookie. I then finished telling and she yelled for Mkhail.

"You should give him a chance."
"You think so?"
"Yeah. I don't think Selene would pair you to someone who isn't compatible with you."

I nodded. Mkhail walked in with a tray with a tea kettle and some two tea cups. He placed it in Aisha hands and pressed a kiss to her forehead, then ruffling her hair. Mkhail smiled at me and sighed, then walked out of the room.

Aisha and I drank tea til her eyes started to flutter, and I told her to go to her room. She trudged to her room.

My thoughts started to wander until they landed on how cute Ace was. He had way more tattoos than I had and he had chocolatey brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes.

I put the tray and the other stuff onto the floor and curled up into a ball. I thought to myself until I fell asleep.

*Dream*

I sat in a field, in the middle of the night. I noticed a big, furry black cat lay next to me. It had a small headdress made of snake's skin. It was my mom.

"Watch." She said, without even opening her mouth. How?? Anyways, I did as told and looked around for anything different.

A man lay asleep in the field, softly snoring. I walked to him and gulped. He looked a lot like Ace. What if the man is his dad?

I was going to nudge at his arm to wake him up, but my hand went through him. I quickly pulled back, surprised.

I noticed a woman coming to us. She was quite far, but I could make out some of her features. Slender, Long dark hair and white skin. As she came closer, I noticed it was Selene.

She looked like Ace too, but I had already figured out she was his mother. Like duh.

"One day, you'll wake up. I'll wake you up, not Hera. It's been eons, and she hasn't done anything. But I have, I've done everything. You're going to wake up, and I'll be here to help you out, everything has changed so much. You even have a son!" She told the sleeping man, her cheeks blushing like crazy.

"We're going to be a happy family. And y'know, everything's going to be alright. You just have to wake up, Endymion. I have things to do. Goodnight, I love you."

Selene kissed his lips gently and gave him one sad look, then walking off til she disappeared into the moonlight.

My cat mom licked her paw and looked up at the moon, then hissing as a bolt of lightning appeared in the sky and thunder shook the earth.

*End of Dream*

"Wow, for once we finish a dream!" Kamilah joked as I woke up. I laughed to myself and shook my head. My mom was most likely trying to tell me something, and I'd figure it out. In the morning obviously, I was still sleepy.