Chapter Two.

Ace's POV

"What do your tattoos mean, Alpha Ace?" A new pack member asked, as he trailed behind me.
"Nothing. I just wanted them, so I got 'em. Here's some advice; don't ask that to anyone. Yeah?" I said hastily. I didn't talk about my tattoos much, especially the lotus on my neck. I just felt the need to do it. I had been waiting for weeks to get it done and it literally pained me to not have it. I swear I felt sick everyday without it. Crazy, huh?

The kid, who was named Ash, nodded and sighed, he had a hard day. Ash today was found by some scouts just about he was going to die at the hands of a rival pack. His parents were killed right in front of him and he couldn't do anything, he was chained to a tree, forced to watch.

I thank Selene I know nothing of my parents, they'd be my weakness.

Anyways, Ash was a simple omega and he was really too weak to do anything about it. I pulled him close to me and smiled.

"Ash, normally I'd put a newcomer on training but you get the day off. Enjoy." I beamed.
"Thanks, Alpha Ace." He replied, barely above a whisper.
"Listen. Call me Ace. And don't be afraid of me, I'm pretty cool with anything that doesn't hurt the pack."
"I understand."

Ash suddenly started grinning like a madman and I felt obliged to ask why.
"Um. You okay?"
"My mate is here!!" He screamed, making heads turn towards to us. I chuckled at his excitement.

I was both happy for and afraid of the day I'd find my mate. I'd always been scared of getting too attached, people use that against you. They'd also use you and hurt you. But as much uneasiness it brought me, It also was a day I yearned. I was a lonely person, who mostly only talked to people on Alpha duties. I needed the warmth of someone to sleep happily at night.

Ash ran off, following his mate's scent. I decided to take after him. After a few minutes, Ash slowed down and sobered up. He and a shy girl from my pack, Sky, looked at each other happily for a few seconds before hugging each other like they'd been dating for years.

I patted Ash on the back, and he looked at me and nodded with a smile on his face, then I walked off.

The mate bond was disgustingly unrealistic, I mean, how could you treat someone you never knew before like someone you knew all your whole damn life?

Like literally, I've seen mates that have known each other for less than a day, make out with each other like it's their last kiss.

I shoved my hands into my pockets and walked off, slightly slumped over. Normally, anyone from anywhere wouldn't recognize me as the Alpha. People tend to think that people with tattoos are reckless. Rebels. I'm not. I'm responsible and a good person. Laid back, but I do all my duties well. I don't socialize as much as any other Alpha would. I do get along well with everyone but in my free time I run, read and sleep.

Yeah, sleep. I've always slept too much. My record is two days. The doctors say I have something, so they give me some pills to reduce the time I'd normally sleep. Like 14 hours...

Nobody knows this except the doctors. I feel like someone would use it against me. And it's not something anyone and everyone should know.

I walked out of the small building and took in the fresh air. I wasn't going to run today so I headed home.

I loved my home. It gave me warmth and had all my food, y'know? I could sleep here all I wanted. I could be here alone.
Think to myself without anyone interrupting me. I usually planned attacks here by myself and my beta, Robyn.

Robyn was different, too. Everyone said so. A female beta.  Robyn was pale with orange hair and cute little freckles. She was strong, brave, skilled, well, great. Robyn was the person closest to me.

Oh my god. "I usually planned attacks here by myself and my beta, Robyn." Now you know Robyn's a girl, that must sound wrong!!

Let me clear this up! Robyn and I have never had anything to do involved with romance, she's like a sister to me. And anyways, she has a boyfriend. Plus, she's not my type.

I like girls with piercings and tattoos. Who aren't afraid to get dirty. With great leader skills. Intelligent. Who can keep a conversation. A girl that can also be a monster in bed. Not a slut, but just someone who knows how to do it right.

I would be so proud. I imagined us running as wolves together. My wolf, Tucker, howled with joy. We'd have cute little pups and grow old together, watching as our babies took over.
Sigh, my little minx.

I shook off the thoughts. I was so afraid of getting too attached to people. I loved Robyn. But if they took her away and used her against us, I wasn't risking my life. I loved my pack, but I wasn't going to risk myself too much.

I hated myself for that. I tried thinking something different and whatnot, but I couldn't.

I started getting a little sleepy, it kicked in like that. I decided to have a hot bath before going to sleep so I headed to my bathroom. I turned on the hot water and took off my clothing, then getting in.

God, this was so nice. I could just sleep he-

And then I fell asleep.

*Dream*

I watched with a chuckle as the same lotus I had tattooed to my neck, pranced around a small pond. The pond was cristal clear and only had this one lotus.

It was a delightful sight. It was like one of those cartoons that show plants and animals in love and whatnot.

I heard a gasp as another lotus appeared. It was adorable, it was a baby pink and white. I looked at it, almost tranced.

"You have the lotus, too?" I asked, my voice sounding husky. I looked up at the person, who was obviously a girl. I looked up, but it was too late. I had woken up.