Chapter 2: Rude

"Hey! Girl! Wake up!" I felt someone shaking my shoulder. "Hmmm, Sean stop." I pulled the blanket up over my face. "I'm not Sean." They answered. I sat up rubbing my eyes. It was that guy, Norman. He scoffed and shook his head. "Sean! Did you fuck some girl in my bed again?" Norman yelled. I heard Sean laugh and walk into the room. "Ha! I wish!"

"This is your bed?" I asked Norman. "Yeah. You're in my bed. Why are you in my bed?" He shouted. "Hold up asshole! I brought you your wallet back and then Sean here got me drunk and I passed out in here. Sorry." I stood up smoothing my hair down before walking to the front door. "Hey, Cassie don't leave," Sean begged. "I'm sorry, but I'm not staying here when your buddy is being an asshole," I said loud enough for Norman to hear.

Walking home, I could feel the hangover coming on. I started getting a headache and I stopped twice to vomit. Entering my apartment I got a glass of water taking two Advil to ease this feeling. Plopping down on my couch I rolled over and took a nap.

~

Someone was pounding on my door interrupting my beauty sleep. Glancing at the clock I've been asleep for a good two hours. "I'm coming! Calm down!" I slumped over and walked to the door. Opening it I discovered Norman.

"Hey," he said shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "What?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest. "I came to apologize for being an asshole earlier. I was just tired and didn't expect somebody else to be in my bed." He was biting his bottom lip after he spoke waiting for my response.

"Ok, bye now." I closed the door on him. "Wait! Let me make it up to you!" He yelled. "No thanks, I have a headache." I didn't lock the door so I guess it wasn't much of a surprise when Norman opened the door and walked inside. "Didn't I just get rid of you?" I asked in a sassy tone while getting a drink of water.

"I'm sorry and I want to make it up to you. Please, Cassie." He was trying here. Maybe I should make him beg on his knees, but I'm not that mean. "Fine." He smiled a bit before nodding. "Great, how about dinner and a movie?" He offered. Ugh, typical. "No, that's boring." He looked a bit hurt and frowned. Now I feel bad. "I'm sorry. I have a headache. That was rude. Dinner and a movie would be great," he didn't look convinced.

"Okay then." Norman shifted awkwardly on his feet. "Wanna go now... Or later?" I wasn't really in the mood but maybe some food and then a movie with sugar junk food would make my day a tad bit better. "Yeah, just let me get myself fixed up. I'm a mess." I ran to the bathroom and brushed my hair, untangling the knots. My outfit was fine, just a pair of black shorts and a plain black T-shirt.

We walked out of my apartment building and I saw a black motorcycle parked in the front. No one in my building rode a motorcycle so I was confused about who it belonged to, I mean unless...

"Is this yours?" I asked Norman. "Yup! How else do you think I got here?" I shrugged my shoulders, "walked. That's what I do."

"Get on," he handed me his helmet. I sighed and slipped the helmet on throwing my leg over the bike. We drove to dinner at the edge of town. I wasn't expecting anything fancy from him, I mean, he was practically homeless right now and living with his friend. So he didn't seem to be rich.

We got to a small restaurant next to the boat docks. It wasn't very popular because it was so close to the docks. "I come here a lot," Norman said turning the bike off.

"I've only ever been here once. That was with friends." Norman jerked his head up. "Cool, let's head inside."

He placed a hand on my back and gave me a light shove. Entering the restaurant I smelt the sea salt. It was used on everything here.

"How many?" The man asked me. "Two," I held up two fingers. "Right this way." I followed him to the back table. Norman pulled my chair out as I sat down and pushed it in. "Thanks," I whispered.

"What can I get you two to drink?" The waiter asked. Norman looked at me waiting for my decision. "Water is fine," I answered. "And for you?" He asked Norman.

"Water." We waited patiently while he got our drinks. "So..." Norman started. The typical way to break an awkward silence.

"So..." I said back. "Your name is Cassie, Sean told me that." "Yes, that's my name." I smiled.

"Pretty," I nodded awkwardly. "Thanks." After we got our drinks the waiter gave us a menu to look over. "See anything you like?" Norman asked.

"Uhh, yeah, probably the shrimp," I answered. I watched as Norman pushed up his sleeves, revealing a large tattoo that covered his forearm.

He noticed me gawking at his arm and I flushed red. "Sorry, it's just different," I said. "What?" He smirked. "Your tattoo. It looks like some secret code. And then you have that large circle and thingy..." I couldn't explain myself.

I watched Norman laugh. "It's written in Gaelic, and that thingy is called a sphere. It's meant to represent the ocean which is why it has lines through it." He explained.

"Oh," we ordered our food and I got shrimp with some fries. Norman ordered smoked salmon and vegetables. As we ate we made small talk. Just random things, nothing too personal.

The evening ended quickly and we missed our movie. "Sorry about the movie. We kept talking and I got caught up." He apologized for dropping me off at my apartment.

"It's fine. Thank you though, I had fun." I handed him the helmet back. "See you around, Cassie." He started up his bike and sped off.

*****

💚Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥