Chapter 10: Back Rub

"Norman, I'm so sorry. If I knew that you telling me about how you're a mermaid would cause them to hate you and maybe want to kill you then I'll just leave you alone." I yelled as he drove back to his house. "Norman!" I yelled when he didn't answer me after a few seconds. "They're not going to kill me Cassie! They just don't want humans and us mixing!" He yelled back. Mixing? As in dating or having kids? I ignored my curiosity.

Norman didn't seem angry, just frustrated. I sat down and stayed quiet for the rest of the boat ride back to his place. I had work tomorrow evening and I didn't want Norman and I to be arguing about this mermaid thing all night and day.

Norman docked his boat and helped me off. I grabbed his hand tightly and gave it a squeeze. "I'm sorry about yelling earlier. It's just... I don't want you to get hurt because of me." "They won't hurt me Cassie." He reassured me and kissed my forehead. I trusted Norman to not put himself in any danger, and I hope he wouldn't risk that just for me. I wasn't worth his life.

"Let's go inside. Sean should be back today." Norman explained and pulled me inside. I grabbed a glass of water when we got inside and sat down at the table. Norman sat down at the kitchen table too and was very quiet. He looked like he was thinking hard about something, and I hoped he was okay. "What's wrong?" I asked sweetly. "Just running things through my head." He mumbled. I hope Norman wasn't thinking about breaking it off between us. I would understand why if he did, but it would crush me dearly. "I'm just pissed off that they called me a traitor. And don't tell anyone about me, please?" He begged. Norman was serious about this matter, and I didn't want to break our bond. I promised myself I'd keep my lips sealed.

"Norman, I wouldn't do that to you." I went over and gave him a hug. He really needed one right now. I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly and squeezed him hard. "I have an idea." I mention. "Why don't you go lay down and I'll give you a massage." I suggested and rubbed his lower back with my hand. "That sounds amazing." He smiled.

Norman and I went to his bedroom and shut the door. He peeled off his shirt and fell on to the bed, laying on his stomach. "Can I sit on your legs?" I asked him before taking my wet clothes off and changing into new ones. "Sure." He said and relaxed into the sheets. I put on a pair of Norman's boxers and one of his t shirts. I sat on the back of his thighs and started rubbing my hands up and down his back. He groaned out in delight and I grinned knowing what I did to him. "Been awhile?" I teased. "It's been awhile for a lot of things, sweetheart." His voice made me melt, but I still had to roll my eyes at his comment, then I continued to rub out all the knots in his back. He was extremely tensed up and this is exactly what he needed to relax.

I decided to ask some questions about Sean being that he too is a mermaid. I found out right after Norman turned in front of me and explained what he was. I seen the tattoo they both shared and knew then that Sean was a mermaid too. "Is Sean a full blooded human mermaid?" I asked him. Norman sighed and spoke quietly. "He's half. His mother wasn't a mermaid but his dad was." I nodded my head to myself.

Norman seemed really relaxed right now. I leaned down resting my chest on his back and started kissing his neck. He moaned out involuntarily and I smirked. I continued to kiss his neck and watch as he groaned and moaned beneath me. I giggled and pulled away for a moment to tease him. Norman sat on, pushing me off him. At first I didn't like that he was so rude about it, but he smirked and crawled over top of me before leaning down to kiss my neck. Norman was just being playful with me.

"Norman!" I squealed out when I felt him lick my neck. He then started to leave little kisses on my neck just like I did with him. I moaned out and threaded my fingers through his hair. I was caught up in our moment. "I see you two are very comfortable with each other." Sean said opening Norman's bedroom door. I blushed out of embarrassment and hid my face whispering, "oh god." to myself.

"Do you have any manners?" Norman asked him. "Yeah, but those are for the ladies Reedus." Sean winked. Norman rolled his eyes and got off of me. "Sean. Kitchen." Norman said as he got off the bed and slipped his shirt on. I knew Norman was going to tell Sean about how I know they're mermaids. Hopefully Sean takes it well and doesn't get angry like the Old Ones.

A few minutes later Norman came into the bedroom, "you can come out here, sweetheart." I nodded and stood up, following Norman to the kitchen where no doubt, Sean was buried in the fridge finding anything he could eat.

"Now you know." Sean smirked and sat down with random food items in his hands. "I do." I smiled. Sean opened a can of tuna and started eating it with crackers. "Have any questions?" He raised his eyebrows at me. I shook my head no and walked over to Norman. His hands were placed on the counter and I slipped under his arms. I was now between him and the island.

I turned around, letting my back press into his chest. His hand reached down and held my hip, slowly rubbing circles with his thumb. "When I finish stuffing my face, I say we all go on a walk. Shoreside?" Sean suggested. Norman and I both laughed. "I'd love that." I smiled.

We all headed outside. I didn't wear any shoes so I could feel the warm sand on my feet. Norman and I held hands as we walked. "We should go for a swim now that I'm back?" Sean said looking out into the ocean. The question was directed towards Norman. "I can't leave her here." Norman said. "Plus some shit happened earlier with the Old Ones."

Sean's eyes widened, "what? I leave for a week and you go and fuck shit up!" He yelled to Norman and started pacing. "I didn't mean too. They called me a traitor because I took Cassie with me on a swim." Norman explained to Sean. Sean ripped his shirt and pants off and started heading towards the water. "I'll go talk to them." He growled before walking into the water and disappearing into the waves.

"Is all that stuff with the Old Ones really that bad?" I asked him. Norman shrugged. "It could get really bad. They could hurt me, or you." I whispered the last part. "But, that won't happened. I won't let it. Sean will talk to them. He's good with his words." I rolled my eyes hardly believing that. Plus Sean wasn't even a full blooded mermaid, and Norman said earlier that they don't want humans and mermaid mixing. Why would they like Sean if he was only half mermaid, meaning his parents mixed. I didn't ask Norman any questions though.

Norman and I sat down in the sand and waited for Sean to come back. I rested my head on Norman's shoulder as we looked out at the roaring ocean.

*****
🐬I know it's short, but I'm going to start updating this more. I have some good ideas for it!

🐠Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥