Secret

"Bye mom! Off to school!" I shouted over my shoulder. "Alright, be careful, love you!" I starte the five minute walk to school, immediately spotting my friends Allie and Crystal. "Hey, ready for another boring day?" I asked them. "Ugh, don't remind me." Allie said, me and Crystal laughing. We walked in an started another day. ~7 1/2 hours later~ "Free at last!" Allie shouted while running out the door. "You guys wanna hang out today?" "Can't, got a shift at Starbucks." Crystal said "And I've got to babysit the menace" Allie said, referring to her younger brother Josh. "Alright, catch you guys later." "Bye" they chorused, and we all went our separate ways. "Mom? Dad?" I called when I got home, hearing noises coming from upstairs. "We're in the attic!" My Dad called. I started heading up there when I heard "Before you come up here" he knew me so well "can you get some papers from your mothers desk?" he asked. "Sure thing!" I called back. When I got to my parents room, I rolled my eyes with a smile, immediately finding the papers my dad was talking about. I didn't get my slobbish ways from my mother. Ignoring that fact, I quickly grabbed the papers, not paying attention, when they fell to the floor. I rolled my eyes going to pick them up. I found a picture of myself, around 3 months old, hugging someone I'd never seen before. "Ana! Did you find them?" My father yelled. "Yeah, coming!" I shouted back, voice shaking. "Ana are you alright?" My mom asked, her back facing me "You sounded a bit-" "Who the hell is in this picture with me?" "Anastasia Marie Brooks!" my father scolded me "Don't you dare talk to your mother like that!" "I don't care!" I screamed back "I won't to know who this man is and why he's holding me!" "That DOES NOT give you the r-" "John, stop. I think she's old enough to know." "Old enough to know what?" I questioned "Before I met your father, you were a few months old, and I was a struggling single mother. Your real father left me, and I had nothing." "Wait wait, my REAL father?" she nodded "If he's" I pointed to my 'dad' "not my real dad...." I said close to tears "who is?" "Simon Cowell"