Chapter 1

I don't really know how other teens would just get simply addicted to the internet. I know, I know, I'm weird. Now don't nag me about how cool the net is. Well anyway, all I can say is that my day's pretty...boring. I just woke up from my 30 minute sleep. I was awaken by my sister's chained coughs. I pity her. I just wish that if there's a certain "magical" way to transfer her asthma to me, then I'll gladly do it. I just don't want to see her suffering.

I got up in the same old bedroom: Flatscreen TV in front, my sister on the bottom bunk of our double-deck bed, my---"our" computer at the corner of the room, and a bedside table with a lamp on top. We only use a lamp in our bedroom because for my sister, a lamp is no different from a lightbulb. "Bedrooms are made for sleeping anyway." Her response when I told her we really needed a lightbulb, not just a lamp.

 I searched for my hoodie and I'm not planning on changing my sweatpants, I mean, who would bother about my sense of fashion anyway? Not me.

I could smell the fresh smell of June in the air. It's the first day of June and I've got 9 more days left to enjoy summer here at "Thompson's, the nicest place there is!" like how the mayor would say it. I decided to head to my grandma's house and just hangout. Besides, a new family just moved in town and they're near at my grandmother's house. I might just walk and stumble on one of them and make friends! Oh wait, who am I kidding? I have no friends. I'm more of a "can't-you-see-I'm-busy-now-leave-me-alone" kind of girl.

My grandma's house isn't that far away from here. It's only half a kilometer away from where I live now. Too far for you? Nah.

Bump~

"You son of a b*tch...!"

Chill dude. I just bumped on to you. People these days...

I turned to face the man I just bumped into, and who as well cursed me.

"First of all, I am not a boy to be called a 'son' and neither am I a puppy because F.Y.I, a bitch is a female dog, dumbass." I told him, then made a sarcastic smile.

"As far as I know, an ass is never dumb. It doesn't have a brain."

"Congratulations, you have just been promoted from  being a dumbass to being an obviously dumb dumbass."

"The pleasure's mine"

"Dumbass, you only say 'the pleasure's mine' if someone thanked you."

"Well, I'm sorry Ms. Redundant. Don't you know anymore 'insulting' names except from 'dumbass'?"

"Of course I do." I lied. I never called anyone names actually. I just heard it from some movies.

"Is that so? Call me names then."

Challenge accepted. Come on, brain. Think of something. QUICK!"

"Shitface"

He laughed. I never had a closer look on this guy until now. His light brown hair matched his dark brownn eyes and his smile makes me realize there's someone who you can never call a "shitface" because his face doesn't look like shit at all. It looks like the sun. SO. DAMN. HOT. Wait, what am I saying?

"Is there something in my face? Oh wait, no. You just realized how  handsome I am, haven't you?"

I didn't realize I was staring at him for too long. I never knew there's someone that I won't mind staring a lot at.

"W-what? NO WAY! You're still a shitface!"

I quickly turned around and ran to my grandma's house. Who does he think he is? He thinks he's the most handsome boy on the planet but he isn't! Enough about him. I just want him out of my mind.

As always, my grandma would serve me a LOT of food. Cookies, milk, etc. Then I would just sit on the living room and watch Fashion TV and say "No...no...Yes!...I want that!...No...No... So cute!" on every dress that shows up. Trust me, it's fun.

After a while, it was time for me to bid my grandma goodbye and head home. A home is where the family is complete and living right? Nevermind that...

"I'm home!" I shouted as I entered the house.

"Welcome home, sis." I heard my sister's faint voice.

"Did I take long?"

"Not at all."

"How are you feeling?"

"Still the same."

She looks really sick, with her asthma and all. God, how I wish I'm the sick one right now. I don't like seeing people suffer in front of me. I'm the one getting hurt, not only them... If only...

"I"ll cook dinner." I broke the silence between the two of us. My sister's usually the one who cooks but because of her position right now, she can't.

"By the way, sis" I heard my sister call out from our room as I headed to the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Remember Lucy? Your 'supposed-to-be boardmate at your new school?"

'Supossed-to-be boardmate'? What does she mean by that? Oh, and I moved to another school although it's gonna be my final year in high school.

"She called just a while ago after you left. It looks like her family is moving to England and---"

"I'LL HAVE THE BOARDING HOUSE ALL TO MYSELF!" I cut her off.

"But..."

My joy faded as she said the word "but". I wonder what it is this time. I just hope I won't be forced to use the school dorms. Oh God, please no. Anything but that. I never wanted to use the school dorms whatever school I go to. Wanna know why? Don't keep your hopes up.

"There's an extra student and he doesn't have any place to stay near the school. The dorms are already full and your boarding house is the only one available."

"Oh, okay" I guess I could live with that, right? I continued cooking then realized something.

"Did you just say 'he'?" I asked.

"Yeah. The name's Chase Wyatt if you're wondering."

"And you're not freaking out...why...?"

"Because I trust you, Liberty Carter. And you need friends."

Great. She says I need friends and she wants me to make friends with a freaking guy. Seriously?

"Fiiiine! But if that dude rapes me, it's your fault." I joked.

"With your cruelty and selfishness? Whou would want to rape you?"

"Thank you for your sincere compliment, my dear sister. That's what I love about you." I told her sarcastically. But she's right. Who would want to get near me?

I continued with my work, and that's cooking. As I got the ingredients out, something seems to be bothering me. Why do I have this feeling that I already met this Chase Wyatt person...?