Chapter 10

The room was so silent that you can probably hear a pen drop. Ken was staring at me, with his mouth slightly open, like he wanted to say something but decided against it.

Chase, on the other hand, was stiff as a rock, like he can't believe what I just said...And I can't believe what I just said, either.

With the feeling that no one has the power to speak up, I started talking.

"I-I mean, Ken, do you really love MY birthday celebration? Ahehe...he...he..." I quickly turned away and hoped that they'll buy it.

.

.

.

Chase suddenly bursted out laughing, went to me, and ruffled my hair, which lessens its chance to be straightened out again.

"Silly Li-Li. Ken??? Fall in love with you? You have got to be kidding us," Chase then turned his attention to Ken who still looked as if he had heard the worst news in his entire life.

Out of nowhere, Ken said, "Yes."

"See? Li-li, with that attitude of yours, no one will ever fa---"

"Yes, I really do love you, Liberty." He cut Chase in mid-sentence and hurriedly went out of my room. We also heard the front door open then close silently.

Both of us were silent by then. Not a word was spoken after Kendrick left. Chase then told me that he needed to take a shower then left. I'm alone now. My brain's still processing the recent happenings.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Why do I have this mouth that slip words out of its own?!" I kept on hitting my head with a pillow when I suddenly heard a phone ring. Quite peculiar because that's not my ringtone at all. I started searching for the phone and searched where the sound was coming from. It didn't take a minute for me to find Ken's phone under my bed. Did he forget this here? I better tell him but...How?

I stared at the screen and saw that the message came from Chase. I want to open it but that's rude, right? But I'm really curious about his message...Should I? Nah. No, I should. BLAARGHHH.

Okay, Should I open the text?

I took a penny from my wallet and decided. Heads for yes and tails for no.

I threw it in the air...and...okay, stay calm now, Liberty.

HEADS.

I took Ken's phone and opened the message. Forgive me but my curiosity is killing me.

From: Chase

I won't let you have her that easily. Remember that.

-Chase

What? What did he mean by that?? What are they talking about...?

"Liberty?"

"I DIDN'T OPEN IT!" Holy shit, that dumbass scared the hell out of me.

"Relax, I got your album here. I think your sis forgot to bring it home with her."

I opened the door and thanked him. When I was about to close it...

"Wait, is...is that Ken's phone?"

DAMMIT LIBERTY. HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET???

"Oh! T-this? Well yeah, I just...found it. I want to return it to him but I don't know how to contact him.

"He will probably go back here to get it...once he realizes he forgot to bring it with him...so uh..." he sounded nervous. Was it because of the text?

"Yeah?"

"You didn't...open it, right???"

I'll probably dig his grave for him if I say yes so...

"No. Why?" I grinned.

"Nothing. Too much pornography on that one...hehe..he..."

Maybe I can just play with him a little bit?

"Really? That's interesting. I want to see it!"

"W-what?! No! Be a girl now! Oh look! A flying kangaroo!!"

He pointed up, and because of my stupidity, I fell for it and looked up. Without wasting a second, he snatched the phone from my clutches and ran to his room.

That bastard.

Oh well, nothing I can do.

I jumped on my bed and closed my eyes. Hoping that this was all just a dream...or a nightmare.

Before I could drift off to sleep, I heard a loud knock on the door.

"Liberty? Are you sure you didn't open this...?

I guess I forgot....to delete the message....