Chapter 5

"Hey bitch, wake up! First day of schoooooool!"

"WHAT? WHO? WHERE? WHO ARE YOU? WHAT AM I!?!?"

I quickly sat up on the bed and saw Chase with that ridiculous grin on his face.

"Oh...'

"Seriously? 'What am I?' HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA OH GAWD I THINK I'LL DIE! HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA!!" he laughed while pointing at me.

"Oh how I wish you will." I told myself, rolling my eyes. 

I got up, threw a pillow at him, then went straight to the bathroom. I got ready for school after 30 minutes then we heard the school bus waiting for us outside. When we entered the school bus, everyone was looking at us. What did I do? Is there something in my face?

"Why are they looking at us?" I whispered into Chase's ears.

"I dunno. Scared of your face maybe.

I punched him on his shoulders. Okay, ouch! How hard are his muscles in there!? I saw him smirk, maybe sensing that I got hurt upon punching him and left me there. in front of all those people in the bus, still staring at me.

"Uh...hi..?"

I quickly fell, face down on the floor because the bus started moving, like HELL-YEAH fast, then I heard laughter everywhere. A great way to start your first day, Ms. Carter. I heaved out a sigh. 

As I looked up, I saw a hand reaching to me. Chase?

"Oh, hey, need help?"

IT'S THE DUDE!! IT'S THE DUDE!!

"Wait, you're the dude...?" I told him, took his hand, and stood up.

"Uh, yes, I'm the dude...?" he smiled. OH MY GOD THAT SMILE WILL KILL ME.

He let me sit beside him and gave me a sandwich. I took it and said thanks.

"Wait, your dog will not come over here and pee right?" I asked before even starting to munch on the sandwich he gave me.

He laughed.

"No, don't worry. Dexter's at home. Probably sleeping on his dog house."

"Oh, good."

SILENCE.

"By the way, I'm really sorry for not showing up before because something happened and---"

"No, no, it's okay. I was on my way into your boarding house when  I saw you ride a taxi while crying. I wanted to follow you but decided against it 'cause I saw your boyfriend follow you..."

"Wait, what boyfriend?"

"Y'know, the one you're with in your boarding house?"

"What? NOO, he's not my boyfriend and never will be. HE'S A JERK!!"

As I shouted, everyone was looking at us and I just smiled at them.

"C-carry on, everyone...with your business..or something..." then they looked away. Thank God.

"And why did you think he's my boyfriend anyway? He's with his girlfriend at that time as I recall." I told him.

"Well, I assumed it was just his friend or something 'cause he just left the girl and followed you."

I was silent for a moment. Did he really? That doesnt sound like him at all...

We kept talking until the bus finally stopped. Before he left, he held my arm.

"I forgot...I don't know your name yet." he looked at me straight in the eye. GULP.

"Oh, I'm Li---"

"LILI!!!" Chase was holding on my other arm and started pulling me.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING AND WHAT THE FUCK IS 'LILI' SUPPOSED TO BE?!?!"

"That's your nickname. Cute isn't it?" He pulled me even more, then  looked at the dude who I don't even know what his name is.

"Sorry dude, no borrowing." then he carried me in his arms and the dude let go of my arm.

"WAAAH HELP MEEEE!!" I shouted, moving like a fish that got out of the water, while being carried by him. WHY IS HE TAKING ME AWAY FROM A CUTE GUY?!?!?!??!

He carried me into the school's gym.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! AND LET ME GO, WILL YOU!?"

He let me go then breathed deeply.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING?! I SHOULD BE THE ONE ASKING YOU THAT! WHY ARE YOU FLIRTING WITH MY COUSIN?!"

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! HOW CAN SOMEONE AS HANDSOME AS HIM BE YOUR COUSIN? OR EVEN BE IN YOUR FAMILY'S BLOODLINE?"

"ARE YOU INSULTING ME?!?!?!?!"

"SHHHHHH!!!" 

We looked at the janitor who's there this whole time and looking quite shocked and annoyed at the same time.

"Sorry."  

We got out of the gym then walked into the hallway. 

"Hey dumbass."

"What?"

"What's your cute cousin's name?"

"Why would you wanna know?"

"Cuz I want to."

"I'm not telling you."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty, pretty, pretty please?"

He looked annoyed.

"FINE! His name is Kendrick Campbell...I gotta go. Don't go stalking on my cousin." He left me in the middle of the hallway then went with his buds.

Hmmm. So Kendrick, huh? And they're cousins... So uh, why did he act as if he doesn't know Chase and even assumed I was his girlfriend? And they just can't be related to one another 'cause uhh, let me see, Ken's cute, Chase is not. Ken's kind, Chase is not. Ken is handsome, Chase is...uh, yeah, his face is okay...And uh, Ken is ---

"Hey?"

I felt someone poke me in the back. She had red hair, wearing glasses, and her hair is above her shoulder. She's smaller than me though. Her height can only reach my shoulder. She's cute. Teehee.

"Oh hey. How can I help you?"

"I'm Mary. I just wanna make some friends 'cause no one seems to like me."

"Oh, hey Mary, it's really nice to meet you. I'm Liberty by the way."

We shook hands. 

We talked for a while and I learned that it's also her first year and her mother wanted her to study at this school 'cuz her big bro is about to graduate here...same as me. I guess he'll be in my class. Well anyway, we kept talking then we felt comfortable with each other. Although she looks like someone I've already met before...

"Have we met before...?" I asked her.

"Probably no, 'cause I barely get out of our house. But a lot of people say that I look like my brother. Maybe you have seen him from somewhere and because we look alike---"

"Mary! There you are!"

We turned to face the person who called her. I'TS KENDRICK!

Mary ran to him.

"Hey big bro! I got a new friend already on my first day! She's lovely! Wanna meet her?"

Did she just say "big bro"? Is he the brother she was talking about? WAS IT REALLY HIM THE WHOLE TIME?!?!