Chapter 8

"Hey, princess. Wake up" I felt someone poke me in the cheeks. I just groaned.

"Come on! It's your birthday!" I felt as if I was being carried in the arms of someone. Wait...what birthday?

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kendrick with a huge grin on his face.

"How did you get here?!" I scowled at him but he just flinched a bit because I was a bit close to his ear.

"Chase gave me the key, remember???" he replied.

"That bastard." I muttered under my breath. I think he heard it cuz he just laughed.

It has been a month since I had an intervention with them. Chase and Kendrick, i mean. They are really half brothers and...remember Mary? She's Chase's little sister, not Kendrick's. They have the same dad but different moms. Their moms had a litte bit of conflict, and their dad left both their families. What a dad, right? And because of that, they decided that they should act as if they have never known each other. But now, they sorted things out and the three of us are bestfriends! By the way, Mary decided to stay with Kendrick though, and Chase didn't care. We agreed because he would just be an annoyance to that poor little girl...but look where that got me. I get to be his victim. Can't he just annoy his girlfriend?!

"IT'S OVER!"

We heard a loud scream coming from Chase's room. Uh-oh, I think he did annoy his girlfriend this time...or should I say, ex-girlfriend?

We went out of my room and saw the girl storm out of the boarding house and we just stood there.

"Wait! You forgot your under---" Chase froze upon seeing us.

"Under...arm odor...remover...?"

Ken and I stared at each other for a moment then laughed our asses off after because of what he just said.

"Seriously?!" Kendrink was laughing so hard that he was holding his stomach, while I'm also laughing, teary-eyed, because Chase has that priceless expression on his face like a little boy caught doing something bad.

...

It took us a while to stop laughing, while Chase was standing there, red as a tomato.

"Dude, seriously? What did you do to her that got her angry and stormed off without her under--"

"UNDERARM ODOR REMOVER!!" I cut him off then we laughed so hard once again.

"Come on guys! This is serious!" Chase looked so horrible that we had to stop laughing.

"Tell us what happened then." Ken told him.

Chase just sighed.

"Breakfast first." he said in a commanding tone. Oh well, let the only girl in the house cook some breakfast then.

The three of us headed in the kitchen. They sat by the table while I began cooking omelets, their favourite.

After cooking, they prepared the table for us to eat. It's always like this every weekend. Just the three of us living for ourselves and treating ourselves like siblings. Well, it's actually the first time that Chase will get to eat with us 'cause he was always being dragged around by his past girlfriend.

"Dude! I love your cooking! You'll be a great wife someday!" Chase told me while munching on his breakfast. As for me, I choked.

"A-a great what?!" Kendrick then gave me a glass of water.

"A wife. I mean, not my wife...but someone's wife, but--" he stopped talking but continued eating like nothing happened.

Kendrick and I just stared at each other, gave each other confused looks, then ate. Like absolutely nothing happened.