Chapter 9

"Chace, it's not that horrible a request! Besides, we would both benefit from it," I pleaded.

"The answer is still no, Kate." You're a patient and that kind of relationship is inappropriate. You're practically like a sister to me," Chace said while shaking his head dissapprovingly.

"Okay, then I will go get drunk, have a one night stand, and end up mysteriously pregnant."

"Please tell me you are joking," he said flatly.

"I am. What the heck is this a crappy 'I f****d up' story? Look, I just need to prove to him that having sex with someone besides his mate brings excruciating pain and possible death. Aren't there any records of it?"

"Look even if it happened in this pack, I wouldn't be able to divulge that information to you." My face fell and I sighed pitifully. Hopefully he will just give in to my "pity me" act. "However, I can inform him of the potential dangers from cases recorded in other packs," he said reluctantly.  

I smiled so wide that my face decided to hurt. In that same moment, Jared walked in and paused in his tracks. He was staring at me and my smile slowly started to slide from my face.  

His shoulders were hitched up and full of tension.

Jared's eyes darted from my face to Chace, and back, and his beautiful ocean blue eyes began to be suffocated by golden lava. His forehead creased making several v's and his mouth opened up revealing his kanines. His eyes focused on Chace like a predator focused on his prey. Although my heart was going insane inside my chest, I had to admit he looked gorgeous.

My vision was sucked into a new realm filled with blinding white with flecks of red and orange. It reminded me of a type of star. I think it was called a white dwarf. The bright colors were being emitted from Jared. If deep fiery red was anger, then I can only assume that this, this blinding white must be furious with true murderous intent.

At the other side of the room, there was a sky blue color, but it was very transparent, as if it would dissappear any second. Chace was at its center and Jared's target.

"Tell me something Chace," Jared began to walk toward Chace with slow, measured and purposeful steps. My heart slammed itself against my ears, as a chill ran a marathon in slow motion down my spine. If Chace was scared, he didn't show it. He held tight to his usual calm, but the way his jaw was tight told me he planned to stand his ground. Jared continued,"I've heard some interesting things since the morning began." He continued his slow, leisurely, dangerous gait toward Chace. "Now, last night, my mate informed me that my girlfriend has been unfaithful, so I looked into it. It turns out that this information is only partially true. According to Shereya, Mark happened before we were together and you, took her by force." At this point Jared was standing directly in front of Chace chest to chest. Chace's eyes, which were once calm, filled with that same golden lava that invaded Jared's eyes. "Now, you're trying to get my mate?"

"I would never force myself on my mate, and I have absolutely no interest in Kate," Chace said in a deadly silent tone. My eyes widened and so did Jared's at his revelation.

"Maybe he will believe you then, Chace." I whispered after the long silence ensued his confession.

"Believe what?" Jared asked still slightly shocked. His aura was still white star bright, but it isn't as bright as it was before, and Chace's became a little more solid but had red swirls coming from him.

"I can confirm that while being mated to your mate, having intimate relations with someone other than her can cause physical, and emotional damage to your mate. Lucky for Kate, her wolf took the majority of the trauma, but as a side effect she has not been able to get into contact with her wolf nor can she shift." Chace threateningly informed Jared.