Chapter 2

I don't know how long I ran before I returned. I could already see Jared's aura burning up my vision. I don't know what crawled up his undies and bit his balls, but he needs to chill the f*** out. I slowed to a very slow jog to prolong our next blow up. I chuckled knowing that I'm the one who caused his foul mood. 'Serves him right,' I mused.

'He's our mate! Yeah he's a jerk, but give him a chance,' Lola chided me.

'I hate to be mean Lola, but the only way I'd give him a chance is if he begged me on his hands and knees like the dog he is,' I laughed at the pun, and soon realized she would be giving me the silent treatment until I did as she said. I moan as soon as I caught his delicious scent. He smelled of chocolate chip cookies and beef jerky.Weird? Definitely, but the beef jerky part is the only thing I could think of to describe it. I walked into the clearing of the pack house's backyard and saw him pacing like a mad man. What's with this guy and pacing, I thought to myself.

He suddenly stopped and I knew he caught my scent. He spun around and I could of swore I saw relief and pain and something I couldn't put my finger on. He quickly masked it and replaced it with a glare. I walked slowly over to him and tried to pass him by, but he stood in my way which caused me crash into his super long legs. I shook my head to fight off the tingly sensation and keep my fur from standing up from the pleasure of it.

'Mate...' Lola whimpered.

"Where the HELL were you," he bellowed at me.

"None of your fu**ing business!" I yelled right back at him.

"Oh, but it is my fu**ing business!You're my MATE!"

"Are you bipolar or something? Do you have short-term memory loss? The last time I checked, you rejected me!" At that moment I realized that we had drawn an audience. I forgot that we were speaking through the pack link.Shit, now everyone knows.

"You rejected me right back so we're even!"

"So why the hell are you getting all upset about me going for a run?"

He was silent for what felt like forever. Then he spoke and what he said next had me doing a double take.