Chapter 12

I met with the other agents after dealing with my former bosses and what they had told still nagged me, bringing up more questions that needed answers. Who was the boss of 2p!inc.? Could I really not escape my criminal past? Who had had my team? Who was his team? Is the Dia copycat a part of 2p!inc.? Who were the owners of those turquoise eyes I saw last night?

I sighed, it seemed there's more and more questions that keep arising, and not one answer.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up and saw Antonio's smiling face, "Everything will work out (Name). I know it."

"I know," I replied simply as he lead the way to the escape car.

If only I believed my own words.

Mindlessly, I got in the front seat with Agent Citroen as I watched the world pass; between the "talk" with my former bosses and my dream last night, I felt as if I was trapped in an airless box, in a locked room, in the corner (you don't know how long it took me to come up with that simile).

"Hey," Agent Citroen said, breaking a long present silence, "we have to talk."

"Yeah?" I said, my voice straining to get even the slightest noise out.

"It's about hat thing attached to your necklace."

"The ATU? What about it?"

"While you were asleep; Karpusi, Adnan, and I, tried to reverse engineer it, it's a GPS system right? Why would you need something like that?"

"I didn't think I did... Francis gave it to me."

"You're sure it was Francis? Not the others?"

I paused, thinking of the exact moment he gave it to me, "Yes, there's no way it could be anyone else."

He suddenly pulled over and stops the car, the other agents passing us.

"Look, (Name)," he said sternly, "I trust you as much as I would trust my own sister. And the same goes for Francis. But are you can trust this ATU Francis gave you? What if the other team is tracking is right now?"

"I know it's safe."

"How? How do you know that your team hasn't given into whatever those scoundrels might have done to them? How do you know they haven't given the other one to them if there is?"

I paused; how did I know? What if this a lost cause? What if when I arrive I get ambushed because my team's resolve broke and let their captives know I was coming?

What if they're already dead? I thought.

"No," I said.

He looked at me expectantly, "No, what? No you don't know?"

"No!" I yelled, my resolve hardening as firm as diamonds. "I trust my team! There's no way they would do anything to put me in danger! And I don't care if about the chance it's a lost cause! I don't care if I get captured, executed, tortured or anything they can dish out! If theirs the slightest possibility that I can save them, I will."

He considered my answer for a moment, "Why? Why would you put yourself in the line of fire like that?"

I didn't even have to think before answering, "Because that's what they would do for me."

He smiled approvingly, "That was the perfect answer Dia." He pressed a couple of buttons on his stereo, "Scratch the secondary location. We're going straight to the action."

"What?" Antonio answer through the stereo. "What about (Name)? She needs her rest."

He looked at me and smiled, "She's fine. She's ready to face the 2p!Allies."