Chapter 1

I entered the office to noise makers, party poppers, and many very annoyed looking office workers. My teammates were in full celebration mode (and sometimes that caused more problems than we could handle).

"Guys!" I said dropping my bag by the door. "What's going on?"

"This is your tenth case solved!" Francis said, a noise maker sticking out of the corner of his mouth.

"And to think," Arthur added. "You only started six months ago. You are doing excellently, and I heard Felicia is doing just as well."

Yao laughed, "And we thought that we could solve more cases with Al and Matt. All we needed was you (Name)."

Alfred and Matthew glared at Yao, who paid no attention to them. I patted them on the head, avoiding their two golden curls (I learned why the hard way).

"It's ok boys, you were up the best." I said "Meaning me."

They rolled their eyes and they went back to the team's general merrymaking and keeping Arthur away from any alcoholic beverage. We were about to open a bottle of Francis' prized French wine when there was a knock at the door . I put down the bottle and opened the door to find Allistor taking off his thick over jacket.

"Lass turn on channel six news," he said frantically his voice laced with his thick Scottish accent. "There's something you and th' boys 'ave got ta see."

As ordered I turned on the television to channel six to see that they were in the middle of special news announcement.

"You heard here first folks," the news reporter said holding a stack of crisp white papers. "The infamous thief Diamond in the Rough has returned from their six month hiatus."

My team looked at me in a state of pure shock. I had a similar look on my face. Murmurs came from the office workers, only to quickly be shushed by Allistor.

"Three weeks ago there was robbery from a English museum, and a rare emerald was stolen in under a minute. The local police were baffled and could not find any evidence or create a suspect list. The next morning an anonymous caller informed Scotland Yard that they had intel that Diamond in the Rough, known as 'Dia' to world wide authorities, was the criminal responsible of this heist. Museums and connoisseurs across the globe are taking drastic measures to protect themselves and their jewels against the second wave of the thief's robbing spree. But the question remains, who is 'Dia'? And where will they strike next?"

The television was turned off by Allistor. This was a lot to try to comprehend. Not only did the entire world believe I came out of hiding, but this is also questioned my integrity, reliability, and honor. Everything that even a thief should hold dear.

"Well you heard them Allies!" Allistor said using his accent less, authority driven voice. "Dia was your case and your responsibility to close. Now that the crime wave is continuing it is still your responsibility to close it once again. Now head out, I want you in England by the next sunrise."

"Yes sir!" The team sounded off and headed out. I was heading out the door when a hand landed on my shoulder stopping me.

"(Name), I know 'yer are not responsible for this." He said, his hard emerald eyes melting into something softer. "But the team may have their doubts about 'ya. So if 'ya want to, I could take 'ya off this case."

I looked at him sternly "Thank you Allistor, but with all due respect, not being there won't help me clear my name. Catching this copy cat will." And without another word I left the room, and headed to London.