Chasing Loyalty

8:15 am

Knock, knock,knock

"Loyal wake up baby!" She knocked again before yelling "Now Loyal! When I come back up these steps you better be up!"

I rolled over and looked at the clock and it was only 8 something. I hate when I have to get up early on the weekend. Well actually since its summer I hate getting up early period. I laid in bed for another 10 minutes before getting up and heading to my connecting bathroom. By the time I got out the shower and set on my bed in my boyshorts and tank top my mom was at the door again.

"Come in." I told her. I love my mom because she wasn't one of those crazy mothers that just come barging in your room. She gave me my privacy and my space. She always gave me time to get myself together in the morning.

"Morning boo. I made you breakfast because I know your grumpy behind did not want to get up." She said as she walked in with a plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. She handed me the plate as she sat on the bed next to me and kissed my forehead.

"Thanks Ma."

"Look Loyal we have a lot of people coming over today for this family gathering. I know you didn't want to move and you don't know anybody here so please don't be all antisocial. Make some friends ok. After you eat you can help set up the yard and get this food started" She looked me in my eyes.

"Ok Ma. And I won't be all anti." She new me well. I hate having to start over and make new friends and everything. We just moved to Maryland from Jersey because of my dads job. He is originally from here and his family is coming over to our new house. I have only met a handful of people in his family. When we were in Jersey he didn't come home to Maryland much and his family didn't come to visit us much except his mother.

My mom and Wes have been together since I can remember. He is the only father I know. My mom said she named me Loyal because that was the one thing my father never was, but he gave her me and she knew that I would forever be hers. All I know is that he was a hustler and she was so in love with him. He gave her everything but it didn't stop him from cheating on her and having girls come up to her trying to fight over him. She was fed up when she found out she was pregnant with me. She said she caught him for the last time in their bed with some slut and she lost it and went off on him. She said he hit her and that day she left him and never looked back. I never asked about him because Wes was my dad. He did everything for me. Even though I have 6 year old sister he never makes me feel like he favor her over me. Speak of the devil.

"Morning Cammi." I said as I kissed my little sister who brought me a glass of orange juice. She was so adorable as I picked her up and sat her on my bed. She was lighter than I am, she is like a caramel complexion, with big doe brown eyes that sparkle with flecks of green in them. Her hair was thick and would curl up when you wet it. I love this little girl, she was my everything I spoil her rotten. I sat there eating my breakfast and watching cartoons with my Cammie.

At 3 o'clock I was tired my mom had me setting up and cooking. I was all sweaty so I headed to take another shower and get dressed. I didn't know what to wear as I stood there in my closet. I decided to wear this cute strapless sundress I got from H&M. I put a jean vest that is covered with pearls on the shoulders overtop of it and my customized pearl encrusted converse. No need to wear heels to a family bbq. I got dressed and went to dress Cam also since my mother was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. I decided to dress me and Cam alike. I put on her pearl converse with some cute jean shorts, flower print top, and her vest. I always dress us alike because I think its cute. When me and Cam walked in the kitchen my mom smiled at us.

"Now don't you two look cute. I swear if you wasn't only 17 people would swear Camya was your child." She giggled at us like she was a teenager.

" That don't stop people from thinking she my daughter Ma. I get that all the time."

"Well take your mini me to the store with you to get some more ice. People are starting to show up." As she said that I noticed a girl sitting by the door texting away on her phone. My mom saw the way I was looking at her.

"That's your cousin Trinae. Y'all are the same age you should ask if she wants to ride with you because she look bored out her mind." My mom smiled.

I slowly walked over to her and saw that she was really a pretty. She was lightskin, with a high low shirt with a picture of biggie on it,some cut up jean bermuda shorts, and some cute Steve Madden wedges.

I stopped in front of her as she looked up and smiled at me.

"Hey."

"Hey. I'm going to the store. You look bored so you can ride with me if you want." I said all at once trying not to sound nervous.

"Sure girl I'm tired of sitting here." She got up and walked to the door as I called Cam to go to the store. We all got in my silver acura.

"I'm Trinae by the way, but everyone calls me Nae." She extended her hand.

"I'm Loyal." I smiled as I shook her hand.

"Wait your name is really Loyal?"

"Yes." I said as she started laughing which annoyed me as I rolled my eyes. I was beginning to think thus was a bad idea.

"Girl I'm just going to call you

Lolo." She smiled at me.

"And I'll call you Trini. Everyone else can call you Nae." And just like that she was my new bestfriend. And little did I know what we would go through together.

))))))Intro Chapter. Just to get started Before the story takes off(((((((((