Chapter 9

Alicia's P.O.V

I narrowed my eyes as the adriniline rush of competition surged through my veins.

"3-2-1 GO!" I yelled and I was of.

I loved the feeling that 3DMG gave me. A feeling of freedom, a feeling as if I could do anything I wanted to. I felt like I had wings.

I left Armin in the dust. Over the zip of my gear I heard an "oh!" And another zip. I smiled and turned to look forwards and zigzagged between the trees, careful not to hit any of them.

Somewhere behind I was aware of Armin, but he was t going to get close to me any time soon with the pace he was going.

Suddenly I saw a person to my right.

Brown hair.....tall...

They turned their face towards me.

Horse face.... Jean.

As I passed him I stuck my tounge out and closed one eye, holding up two fingers.

"Huh?!"

I flashed past him, continue using on with my race.

Soon, I could see the light shining through where the trees ended. The castle, or HQ, was visible. As were the two figured waiting on a thick branch in the last tree before the forest ended.

Yeager and Mikasa.

I landed next to them lightly as my gear wrapped up the wires with a chiiiiiz thunk.

I looked back towards the forest. "He should be here soon. We had a race."

It wasn't long before Armin joined us, out of breath. When he caught his breath he looked up at me with a smile. "So....I think I lost."

I laughed. "Yea. I think so." The I turned and looked at HQ. You could see the window to the infirmary and the figure leaning out of it, gesturing to me with eccentric gestures.

"Um...I think I need to go." I turned my head back to the three and pointed towards the window and shrugged. "Duty calls I guess." And I left.

When I got into the infirmary I took off my gear and cloak and hung it on the coat rack I put by the door.

"Yes Hanji-san?"

"Someone found him in the forest he ran into a tree."

"Who ran into a-" I paused when I turned around and my sentence turned to a sigh. "Jean."

"Alright Hanji-san i can take it from here. You can go ahead and go do whatever you were doing."

She smiled and thanked me, then hurried out if the room.

"Its just my job!" I called after her. "Now Jeany-boy, let's see what's going on."

Jean was laying on the bed unconscious with a big welt on his forehead. It was purple and blood was slowly trickling out if it.

I sighed and went over to the cabinet and grabbed tape, gauze, and antibiotics. Then I walked back over to Jean wiped the blood off and cleaned the area around the bump, put some antibiotics on his forehead, covered it with a patch of gauze and taped the gauze to his forehead with surgical tape.

Once I was done I washed my hands and dried then against my jeans.

I thought Jean was more careful than that. I wonder why distracted him-

Suddenly I realized- it had been me. I had distracted him. I winced and looked apologeticly at the unconscious boy.

Whoops. Sorry.