Run (Niam)

Niall's POV

Run, that's all I do is run.

Run from my problems, run from my fears ,run from my answers.

My name is Niall James Horan and I am 17 years old, I use to live with my monster of a father, that was until today.

My parents got divorced when I was 5 years old , I don't really remember much, but all I know is that my mum left and went to Ireland along with my older brother Greg.

I miss them so much, and I still don't know why my mother would abandoned me with such a monster.

That's why I ran, I ran down my all to familiar street, I ran away from him, and the students from my old school.

The cold icy rain slashed past my cheeks like a blade running past my wrists, which made my grinch but i kept my pace.

My hair stuck to my forehead as I jogged at the end of my once beautiful street, I came to a stop as I turned left into the public park.

I jumped onto the cracked pavement and sprinted my way through the prickly bushes.

My ruck sack was hitting my back as I made my way past the play ground and football pitch. I ran past the children's swings, which held so many dear memories of me and my brother.

I ran into the dark, damp forest. my feet hitting the ground with such force that the dirt splattered all my jeans and back.

The tall trees over towering me and the branches cracking as I stomped on them with so much force.

The trees started to get closer and closer to my trembling body and the branches started reaching for me. I screamed and ran as fast as my feet could carry me. 

I used my hands to hit the branches out of my way and I could feel them ripping through my pale skin.  

The pain was so unbearable but then so pleasurable.

I looked back to check if anyone way following me, to my surprise no one was, nothing unusal no one would care if I went missing. But my 'father' would just want his personal punching bag back.

Well not this time.  

I suddenly tripped over my own feet and fell with a 'umph' onto the wet muddy ground. I groaned and rolled onto my back scrunching up my face as the water droplets splashed onto my closed eyelids.

I chocked out a sob of despair.

Why, why me? Why did my father had to do this to me? Why did people have to be so horrible, so cruel?

I got onto my knees slowly and took a breath, and looked up, the rain hitting my already wet, cold face.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, enjoying the feeling of water hitting my face and drenched body.

The wind and trees making gentle soothing noises, so peaceful yet so disturbing.

I opened my dull blue orbs and slowly stood up.

I looked forward and notice the forest must last a few miles, 'great' I thought.

I pushed past the trees and stepped over the logs and branches.

I walked for at least 10 minutes until I came to a stop and thought I should really take a break, that monster will never find me here.

I climbed up one of the trees which may I add was very tall for a regular tree.

I've always been a good climber, to good in fact. I never knew why, I've never knew anyone who could climb trees like I could, I'm not trying to sound big headed.

I just find it very... Interesting

I carefully climbed the tree and gracefully sat myself on the highest branch and looked into the grey sky, the sun was well hidden by the clouds and the rain became slower. 

I sighed.

I find it funny that I've always thought I was spider man when I was younger, but now I just think its stupid, spider man doesn't exist. Right?

-Flash back-

"Come on Louis! Hurry up!" I called as i made my way towards the park. The sun was out and shining and the warm breeze hit my face making me smile.

"Stop running so fast!" He called back, I let out a chuckle and stopped and turned around to see Louis jogging slowly.

"Hurry up Lou! I want to show you something!" I called.

Louis caught up and stood next to me, putting both his right and left hand on his knees trying to regain his breath.

"What do you want to show me, it better be good!" He exclaimed.

"Follow me" I whispered as I grabbed his upper arm and dragged him into the bushes to a tall tree.

"I have a bad feeling about this" He whispered into my left ear. I smiled.

"Don't worry Lou, it's nothing bad"

I let go of his arm and made my way up the tree.

"Come on then!" I shouted as I was already half way up the tree.

"HOW DID YOU GET UP THERE!?" his eyes widened and his mouth hung open.

"Its easy!" I laughed

"That's not normal Niall! Are you spider man?!"

"Not that I know of!" I said as I made my way down the tree. And stuck my left hand out. "Hold on tight"

I flung him onto my back and he wrapped his arms around my waist as I made my way up the tall old tree.

"This better be good Ni! I hate heights!" He shouted/whispered.

I felt him start to tremble against my back.

"We're here" I said as I reached the top of the tree, and placed him onto the warn out branch, I turned towards a little cave like hole and crawled my way into it.  

My eyes searching for a certain someone.

"NIALL?! What are you doing?!"

"Shhh be quite." I said as I turned my head and to my surprise i saw the same little bundle of curls i saw a few days ago.

"Hey" I whispered and looked at the little boy with emerald green coloured eyes. I gave him a small smile.

"Hello" He replied and turned his head to the side and let out a little whimper.

"Come here" I said as I opened my arms.

He shuffled towards my arms and I picked him up and brought him out into the welcoming weather.

"NIALL?! What are you doing? Who's this?" Louis exclaimed, he looked at the boy in my arms. I didn't know exactly who he was, but the last time I came up this tree I was running away from you know who,  

and I came across this little guy, he told me his name was Harry, and he was about my age but skinner and less brighter than I was.

"Shh Lou, be quite, I fount him the other day. His name is Harry and I want him to be our friend."

______________________________________________________________________

Authors note: Sorry its rubbish, this is my first fanfic with chapters, Please could you vote, and please could you leave comments on what I could improve on and what you liked about it! xxx

Thank ya beauts <3

Ps sorry its short :( x