14

I turn to see who walks through the door, and worry instantly takes over my senses as I take in Jaycee, who has bloodshot eyes and mascara - stained cheeks.

*Ashton POV*

I had almost fallen asleep in the recliner, but I was woken up by the doorbell.

Nobody noticed, but I jumped really hard. Bailey got up from Nialls lap and she went to go answer the door. I hear her talking to somebody, but I can't make out who it is.

I hear crying coming closer, and my insides instantly run cold. I know that cry. I've heard it many times. Shit, I've caused that cry so many times I can't even count them.

Jaycee walks in the living room with Bailey's arm around her shoulders, and I quickly take in her appearance, and my stomach lurches. She has mascara-stained cheeks, and bloodshot eyes. Bailey guides her to the couch and sits her down beside Niall, to where she's not facing me. Jaycee miraculously doesn't notice me and for right now that's okay.

"I'm going to let you calm down, then you can tell me what happened, okay?"

Jaycee nods, she's crying and my heart hurts. My heart hurts for her and all that I've done to her, she wouldn't be like this right now if it wasn't for me.

The weight of what I did came crashing down on me all at once. I hurt her. I hurt the only person I've ever loved, and even though I didn't hurt her this time, my actions did. If I had never been such a fucking prick, if I had just told her what I was afraid to tell her, she could be in my arms right now.

"Are you ready to talk?" Bailey asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

Jaycee takes a deep breath, and begins her story.

"Okay. Well you know how I told you that Ashton came over the other day and told me he loved me?" She asks.

Bailey nods and Niall looks at me, and I hold a finger to my lips saying that I'm going to be quiet. He sends me a very tiny nod of understatement.

"Well I came to realize that... that I forgive him. I know it's probably wrong and irrational of me to do so, but I do. I love him, and he loves me, and I shouldn't have let him go that night. He told me he loves me, and that's all I was waiting for from him. Anyways, I thought about that the whole night that it happened. I even kicked Luke out so I could actually think."

At the mention of his name, I clench my fists. I could never stand him in the first place. He's always pissed me off.

"Anyways, earlier Luke came by because I asked him to. I had finally made up my mind of what I was going to do."

Jaycee takes another deep breath and fidgets with her fingers.

"I told Luke that I couldn't see him as anything other than friends anymore because I was going to go back to Ashton."

What?

She's coming back? After all I did to her? I instantly start smiling. My baby is coming back. This time I'm going to treat her right.

"He got really mad and he started yelling at me, saying that Ashton was a douchebag and that I don't deserve him, that I belonged with him. I told Luke that he was wrong and that I love Ashton. Long story short, he told me that I'm a stupid bitch and that he never wants to see me again and I I told him to go fuck himself and kicked him out of my apartment." Jaycee finishes.

"So you're going to go back to Ashton?" Niall asks.

"Yep. I'm going to go over to his house tomorrow and apologize."

"I accept your apology." I speak up. I'm tired of not saying anything. I just want to hold her again.

Jaycee jumps in her seat and quickly stand up and faces me.

"A-Ash? How long have you been here?" She asks bewildered.

"For like, 5 hours. I heard everything, and I accept your apology." I stand up and walk over to her, taking her hands. "But I want to apologize. I'm sorry for being the shittest person alive, and for treating you the way I did. I was in love with you, but I was afraid and I didn't know how to show it. But now I think I have an idea, and I vow to treat you like a queen. I can't express in words how bad I feel for doing what I did to you. I'm mad that I'm just now realizing it. I know I'm rambling and not making sense, but I basically just want to start over. If that's okay with you?" I ask hesitantly.

Jaycee looks at me, before giving me a small smile. "Yes. That's perfect. I would love to start over."

I smile and wrap her in my arms.

Niall stands up from the couch and starts clapping, pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.

"Fucking finally! It's about time yall made up!"

Bailey rolls her eyes and pulls him back down.

"Wait Bailey what the hell happened to you?" Jaycee says.

"I'd decided it was time for a change." Bailey says, smirking.

"Well, you look hot."

"Fuck yeah she does. Hey, I don't want to rush this reunion, but there's a big ass Victorias Secret bag upstairs and I kinda want to get to it."

Bailey blushes crimson red, and I start laughing.

"Are you okay?" I ask Jaycee. She nods and grabs my hand.

"Wait wait wait." Bailey says. She points a finger at Jaycee. "Why were you crying?"

I watch as Jaycee's face falls, and she looks at the ground.

"You know Brooks, my fish? He kind of died right before I came here." She looks back up at Bailey. "And you know what Brooks means to me."

Bailey nods and stands up, giving Jaycee a hug. I have no clue what Brooks means to her, I'll have to ask her later.

"Okay. Let's go." Jaycee says. She gives Niall a hug and starts walking to the door.

Niall stops me before I can follow her.

"If you pull some shit again, I will beat your ass." He says with all seriousness.

"Not anymore. I know what I was missing now, and I'm not going to let it go. Ever."

Niall hold my gaze, then he smiles. "See you soon." He says.

"See ya!" I shout as I walk out of the door with a new mindset on life.

**********

Wow I'm so sorry for the really really really crappy chapter. I hope it makes sense and that it's not rushed lol *nervously laughs*

Lol sorry for wasting your time for this piece of crap

P.S: I know Michaels not in this chapter but this is just really cute so I had to share it