9. 2nd Breakfast

Jordan's POV

When we reach the food and it's the same as yesterday. Avery takes some pancakes and bacon which is surprising to me. Most of the girls in here would never eat either of them. They count their calories and starve themselves, trying to get skinny. I'm so glad the Moon Goddess chose such a different girl as my mate. She's so natural and real compared to some of the other girls here. I don't think I deserve her though. She's too good for me. I take a similar quantity of food as yesterday and decide to not sit at my usual table so I find a smaller one with only two seats. I put my tray down and she does on the opposite side.

We eat in silence, without discussion because we're eating the whole time. Avery puts really small bits of food in her mouth while I basically stuff my face. It's so awkward how we're basically opposites. I'm tall, she's short. I'm confident, she's shy. I think she's the most radiant creature on earth,and she doesn't even acknowledge her beauty. We finish at about the same time even though I had probably about 5 times the amount of food as her.

"So, what time's your first class?" I ask, once we're finished.

"Er, 10" she says.

"Same" I respond. I check the clock on the wall which says that theres 10 minutes to ten.

"Should we go to our classes?" I ask Avery. She looks at the clock and then responds.

"Um, ok".

We push our chairs out at exactly the same time. I chuckle lowly and she smiles. It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I must stare at her for a little too long because she quickly darts her eyes down. We put our trays on the trolley and leave the cafeteria. I take Avery to the school building which is next to the dorms building.

"What number room are you in?" I ask her. She pulls out a piece of paper from her pocket in her hoodie and spreads it out. Her timetable.

"Ummm..." she scrunches up her face and reads the schedule and she looks so cute.

"I think I'm in room 46" she says, unsure.

"Do you want me to check?" I ask her.

"Um, yeah, thanks" she says, handing over the paper. I follow the lines for today and see that she was looking at the line above.

"I'm pretty sure you're in room 73 today. Don't worry, the timetables are always really confusing" I say, handing back the paper.

"Oh, thanks" she says. I'm in a different room to her today but from her schedule, I know I've got the same class as her tomorrow and Friday. I walk her to her class.

"This is where we part our ways" I say. Avery actually giggles at this which I find adorable.

"Ok, thanks" she says to me. She awkwardly walks into the class sitting on the far side. I walk to my class which is in room 31. I know it's going to be boring but theres no point in skipping. At least I'll see Tyler and Luke because my dad made us be in the same classes for everything. At least I can talk to Luke about how to talk to my mate.

Avery's POV

That was the weirdest morning I've ever had. Jordan was being so nice to me and everyone was looking at me awkwardly. It was really strange. Why would Jordan even want to be my friend anyway? I'm nothing special just a normal person. And, I acted like such a freak around him. He probably thought I was like half mute or something. But that moment when I held his hand to jump down from the tree was the strangest part about today. I felt these weird sparks around my hand. I dismissed the feeling at the time because I thought it was just because my hand was cold and his was warm but now that I think of it, it felt like something much stronger. It felt really nice as well. His hand around mine. Oh come on, now I'm fantasising about him.

That must have been how I spent my first class because suddenly everyone is walking out and packing up their stuff. I didn't really bring anything with me so I just stand up. I look at clock hanging on the wall which tells me that it's 11:30. Wow, I was in there for so long and it only felt like a few minutes! I walk out of the classroom and walk out the way Jordan led me. I look at the ground because theres quite a few people around and I don't want them to recognise me from this morning. I've never been bullied but now isn't the time to become a target. I could tell that there were girls giving me dirty looks but I didn't want to make eye contact with any of them. I keep walking with my head faced down and just as I move my hand up to push my glasses up, I walk into a wall.