17. You're Sexy Best Friend

Avery's POV

"Oh my god, I knew it! It's all happening so fast! Oh, and now we're going to one of his parties! Oh my god, I'm so excited! We need to go shopping soon!" she squeals and shakes her arms up and down. I just nod slowly and go sit on my bed, facing her.

"What are you talking about?" I ask her.

"Well, it's so obvious now! Like seriously anyone could tell that he likes you! Damn, even a blind person could see it!' she says and moves her hands in these crazy gestures. My eyes widen at what she thinks is going on.

"No-o-o h-he doesn't" I stutter, just as I always do when she mentions this. Now, Aubrey takes my hands in hers and stares me right in my eye.

"Yes he does" she says seriously.

"And, no matter how much you deny it, you do too" she says. Ok, then, I understand that part but there is now way in hell that Jordan could like me in anyway more than a friend.

"No h-he just wants t-to be m-my friend" I stammer.

"Oh really?" Aubrey cocks her head to the side with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Well, how come he just spent like 3 hours in our room watching The Avengers with you? And why was he staring at you when I came in? And why did he get your number after inviting you to his party? Like seriously he didn't need to text you he could've just spoken to you" she asks. I feel my whole face heat up.

"Cause guys that just want to be 'friends' don't do that" she says. Were all those things really true?

"He truly likes you, and I know" Aubrey says. I decide to give up on trying to argue with her because I'm getting absolutely no where. I still don't agree with her because why would someone like Jordan like someone like me?

"Think about everything that you've done with Jordan and you'll be agreeing with me soon" she says lying down in her bed. I decide to do the same. We both turn off our lamps.

"Night, hope you have sweet dreams...about Jordan" she adds with a giggle in the dark.

"Au-" I'm about to scowl but get cut off.

"I was kidding...sort of" she says with another fit of laughter.

"Never mind, goodnight Avery" she says.

"Night Aubrey" I say and turn over, so that I'm facing the wall. I feel really tired which I think is because of watching the movie. I try and think of all the things that I've done with Jordan but the list is too long and I lose count. 

Outside his room, at the tree, having breakfast, thinking of him in class, having a class with him, Jordan dropping me off at my room twice, him visiting today. There's too many. 

Just as I'm about to surrender to the pull that's enticing me to fall into a deep sleep, I hear a buzz near my ear. My eyes open up again and I lazily drag a limp arm over to my bedside table and grab my phone. When I turn it on, immediately I lower the blinding brightness before seeing a text from someone. 

My eyes adjust to the phone and the writing is too small for me to see so I just slide my thumb across and punch in my passcode with a slow thumb. It then opens up my messages and I have a new one. I read the text before the name of the sender which says,

"Night Avery :)"

Who the hell is this from. I sit up in bed, thinking that maybe Aubrey is playing a prank on me, but I can hear even, faint breathing from her side of the bed. I look around the room, suspecting that maybe there's someone else in the room. Then I remember that I didn't check who it was from. I bring my phone back up to my eyes and almost choke at who it's from.

"Your Sexy Best Friend" it says. Oh shit. I quickly turn off my phone and slam my head back down on to my pillow, hoping that will make me stop imagining things. I swear my eyes are letting me down. The last image I have in my head is Jordan's cheeky grin when we swapped phones.