27. Chin Ups

Jordan's POV

A lot of the other guys use them but I haven't as much because normally when I go to the gym, I'm angry and I really don't want to deal with flirty girls. The equipment is a string of bars that lots of guys do chin ups on.

Let me remind you that when you do chin ups, your biceps show a lot and knowing that mine are quite large, I decide to stay away from it as it can easily attract many girls. I scan the area and there doesn't seem to be many girls here that look like they would want something to do with me and also, I'm with Avery so they shouldn't come anyway. Also, all the other equipment is quite full so it's not like we have another option.

"Hey, the bars is the only free equipment. Do you want to try them?" I ask her. She finishes swallowing her water and then answers.

"Um ok sure" she says picking up her hoodie and bottle. I don't know if Avery will be able to do it as most of the bars are quite high and she's quite short. Also, it requires a lot of strength to pull your whole body weight up only using your arms. I put my bottle down at a table near the bars and Avery does the same. I walk to the shortest bar and see if it's tall enough for Avery. I think that if she puts her arms up, the bar would come around her wrists.

"I think this is the shortest bar" I say it a chuckle. Avery smiles and lets out a small laugh as well.

"Yeah I think so" she says.

"I'll go to that bar there ok" I say and point to the bar opposite her as it's the tallest bar. I stand facing her and lift my arms up. I grab the pole and start doing some chin ups. Avery hesitantly lifts her arms up slowly and reaches for the bar.

She holds it gently and then stronger as she lifts her weight up. I pause with my head above the bar just to see if she can do it and I'm shocked as I see those cute little muscles show more and I can see a faint line around her biceps. She pulls her self up quite slowly but makes it to the top. Once she does, she smiles at me and goes back down.

I only realise after a few seconds that I was just staring at her while she was doing her chin ups. I decide to keep on moving after I think she must think I was some kind of pervert like Tyler. She goes a lot slower than me but I don't blame her as the bar is taller for her than mine is for me. We stop after a while and just sit on the floor next to the bars.

"You're actually quite strong, you know" I say before taking a sip from my bottle.

"Um, thanks?" she says like a question.

"It's a good thing, I promise" I say as she might not have understood. I stand up and go back to my bar. Avery looks strangely at me, probably because we're both really tired so why would I want to do more chin ups?

"Trust me, I'm not doing anymore chin ups" I say before grabbing the bar. I try to climb up the bar so that I can sit on it so that I can impress Avery except it didn't quite go to plan. 

My shoes slip on the pole and I can't seem to get a grip on the bar with my shoes. I probably look like some pathetic person attempting to try and run on the pole the way my feet keep sliding. I look at Avery and see her covering her mouth trying to not laugh.

"Oh so your laughing at me now" I say in a joking tone still hanging awkwardly from the bar.

"Why don't you try then you can see how hard it is" I challenge.

"Um, ok" Avery says, putting down her drink bottle and moving towards her bar. She-much more gracefully than me-climbs the bar with her feet and then pulls herself up so that she's sitting on the bar. I look at her with that annoyed look when someone does something better than you.