5 - Chloe Hunt

This is horrible. I can't believe Dad let me climb up this clock tower. So far, I'm in the middle of the clock. I'm surprised no one's stopped me yet. I've been up here for about 30 minutes, scared to death. I don't have a rope to hold on to. All I have are special gloves and shoes from the IMF.

"You're doing great, Chloe!"

"Dad! Why am I up here?"

"Well, it's to show you that you're going to have to do a lot in the IMF."

"Actually, I knew that. But I thought you were the risk taker, Dad?"

There was a weird moment of silence between us.

"Dad? What's going-"

Both of my gloves lose their ability to stick to the wall. I scream and fall back.

"CHLOE!"

Dad sounds worried and scared to death. My head hits the back of the wall, and I still see my feet staying in the same place. I'm freaking out. I can see everyone down below upside-down. I just smile and wave.

"Hi guys!"

Jake and Matilda look at me amazed.

"Chloe! Please tell me you don't have your period!"

"Why would you ask that?"

"Because you go crazy when you have it!"

"Matilda, what are you talking about? I haven't had one yet!"

Jake just laughs at me.

"Wish we were still dating, Jake?"

William is already commanding me to do something.

"Chloe you better hang on!"

"Yeah, I'm trying! It's just that my feet are doing all the work..."

I have an idea. It's risky, but in the IMF- it's all about risks.

"Actually, I have another plan..."

I move one of my feet up. It still stays in place. I look down to see everyone down below so worried. Dad panics for me.

"Chloe, don't move!"

"I have to. You were the one who put me up here! So I have to keep on going up!"

As I continue moving my feet up, and pushing my body up, I sing a line for Dad.

I'm moving on up! Yeah!

I can hear Jake and Matilda trying not to giggle. Benji sounds serious, too.

"Chloe, this isn't funny!"

"I know! But I got to keep on moving on up!"

I see part of the clock break. A small, uneven hole is left there.

"You want to go down below?"

It's Owen. He almost shoots me, but he misses.

"Don't try shooting me! Please!"

"Oh... Good idea. How about I make a show?"

The feet let go of the wall, and I'm falling back. Everyone is panicking. But my feet and hands stick back to the wall. It's just that I'm hanging upside down, still. I catch my breath.

"In your face, Owen! Haha! I'm still here!"

I put myself in a straight position, and finally, climb up.

"Let's try this again..."

I'm closer and closer, even though I'm scared Owen will kill me. I get through the hole, getting cut a little bit. I fall on the floor, catching my breath.

"Good job, Chloe. You proved to me you can be so much more than just a little girl."

I stand up.

"Thanks. I did go mountain climbing at one point. Maybe that helped, I guess?"

Owen laughs.

"Oh it did. Because look what you found."

I see four of his men bring in Hunley and Luther. Their mouths are duct taped and it looks like they've been beaten half to death.

"Luther! Hunley!"

I'm shocked how horrible they look.

"They've been waiting for you, Chloe."

I grab Owen by the shirt. I want to punch that smile off of his face.

"What did you do to them? Why are you doing this?"

He points a gun at me.

"Be careful what you do, Miss Hunt. I don't want to hurt you and your pretty face."

"Don't suck up to me like that."

"I'm not. It's honesty."

He kisses me on the cheek. I shove him off of me and point my gun at him.

"Let them go. If you don't, I swear under my life I'll shoot you."

"Is that the best you can do?"

"HAND THEM OVER!"

Owen yells back at me.

"NO! You want to know why? Because you took something away from me!"

"Like what?"

"My son! You killed him!"

I lower my gun.

"Well, I had no idea I killed him."

"You're lying."

"I didn't know I killed him, I swear!"

"You stood there in London with Ilsa, shooting him dead at the scene!"

I aim my gun higher.

"Well maybe I should take your life, next, huh?"

"Don't even try. Your dad did, and he failed."

I shoot him in the arm. He twitches, and covers it up.

"You're lucky I didn't shoot your head. You deserve it."

He runs to me. I kick him in the stomach. He falls on the ground. The four men point their guns at me. I shoot all four of them in the head so quickly. Hunley and Luther look like they're about to fall, looking so tired. I rush to them, freeing them from the binds holding their hands close together behind their back. They later take off the duct tape covering their mouths.

"C'mon!"

I run to the exit, while they follow me.