Chapter 15: It Really, Really Sucked

“So, that’s your boyfriend?” Wesley asks, a pointed look on his face.

“For the time being,” I nod.

“What’d you mean by that?”

“Just that we’re probably gonna break up pretty soon,” I shrug.

He raises an eyebrow, “What, you can predict that kinda stuff in the pretty little head of yours?”

I chuckle, shaking my head. “No, I’m just pretty certain he’s gonna break up with me.”

“What’s he doing here anyway? I thought you said he was in Puerto Rico?”

“He was,” I nod. “He came and surprised me this morning though. Totally out of the blue.”

“Oooh,” Wesley says with a indulgent nod. “Does he know…you know about last night?”

“Nope, not yet. I was about to tell him before you and these adorable kids came over.”

“Oh, sorry,” He retorts with a guilty look.

“Don’t be,” I assure him. “Thank you, actually. I’m kinda dreading tell him.”

“How come?” Wesley inquisitively wonders.

“Because you and me kissing isn’t the only thing I have to tell him,” I admit.

“No? So what else?”

“You’re friends with Ben, aren’t you?”

“Mhm, I am.”

“Well,” I sigh. “I’m just gonna say this and don’t judge me, okay?”

“Okay, Chris Brown, I won’t judge you.” He teases.

“Who knew you knew who Chris Brown was?” I retort jokingly.

“Hardy har, I listen to music, you know.” Wesley replies. “Now, what were you saying?”

“Okay, so at Laurel’s party Ben and I kinda…you know.” I tell him, letting my voice trail off.

Wesley blinks twice and then a confused expression appears, “What do you mean?”

Eyeing his oblivious twin siblings, I say, “Don’t make me say it.”

“You and Ben had sex?” He asks in disbelief, his eyes widening.

“Wesley!” I say, hitting his arm across the table. “Children are right here!”

He shrugs, “They’ve heard the word sex before; don’t you watch TV?”

Giggling, I nod, “I guess that’s true.”

“So, yeah? You really slept with Ben at Laurel’s party?”

“I really did,” I confirm. “And I’m not proud of it, but I did do it.”

“Do you like him?”

Why does everyone think you have to like a guy just because of a hookup?!

“Only as a friend,” I truthfully tell him.

“And he knows none of this?” He asks, gesturing his head to the bathrooms where Samuel is.

“I thought it’d be kinda heartless to tell him over the phone,” I murmur.

“That would be really horrible.”

“So, I’m just gonna wait until later and tell him. He’ll hate me and then he’ll leave.”