Chapter 1: The Beginning 1895-1909

The Beginning 1895-1909

            Mom and dad never cared much for my sister, Sarah. Just for the simple reason they were Methodist and she preferred Catholicism. They pretty much disowned Sarah because of that tiny fact. I say, it's her life, so be it, her preference.

             As soon as she was 18, mom signed all of my legal rights to Sarah, under my request. Soon after, a group of cultists hunted down my parents and killed them as a sacrifice of their cult. I hid during the whole thing. Yet, I saw everything as it happened.

             I became depressed for around a year. Sarah understood everything perfectly, but wasn’t telling me everything she knew. Little did I know, that wasn't the worst thing to happen. Of course, I thought it was going to be the end of the world, being that I was a dramatic 7 year old when they died.

             It wasn't until I was 14 that I realized the fullest extent of my life, in general that is. The cult group that killed my parents came after Sarah. Once again, I saw everything. As soon as they left, I started running for my room. Out of nowhere, I passed out on the way. I woke up and was really weak. The bad thing was, they killed her at midnight like she was on death row or something.

            20 years later. I still am infected with depression. The odd thing is that I haven't aged a smidge! It's kind of scary actually. I still look like I'm 14. All I can think is, what in God's name is going on? All I can do is stay with my religion and keep praying that either God gives me a way out or he helps me figure it out. Besides that, there's nothing I can do or think.

            Being in the beginning of what is now called the Great Depression, there aren't many libraries. I kept walking down the side walk to the first library I could see. When I got in there, the next thing I looked for was the research section. I found a book on people that don't age. They're evidently called Immortals. Original, I know, that's what I thought.

            Supposedly, that whole idea is a myth. Ha ha ha­­–­­­­­­ no. I'm not a myth. Especially, when I'm standing here reading this joke of a book. This-is-really-pathetic. The only thing out of this book that is interesting is that it says, "To become this way, all of you family and friends die and you become overly depressed. Your life's plan was to commit suicide early in life, but something changed and you become immortal. No one can kill you except for God."

            Sheesh, that's intense. Why would you do something against God? Of course, you have to remember the part about me being a sacrilegious abomination to my religion. Crud. Not good. I didn't want to be an abomination to the Catholic Church.