Chapter 3: 8 Years Later: Present Day

8 Years Later: Present Day

            I’ve lived in this building-or-club-or-whatever it is for eight years now. Jake’s “society” turned this modern seven story building into a three story nightclub, two story headquarters, and two story living quarters. Granted, I get an entire half-a-floor to myself (and share the other half with Jake), then you have Warning’s headquarters two floors below me. To answer you “bursting” question, I have the top floor. Besides the out of control party every night, it ain’t all that bad. I’ve actually gained a reputation as well as some fame. Unfortunately, the fame is of free falling off roofs.

            Other groups in the business have been testing us for two reasons; one, a girl having power and control; two, because they have me. To other people, I evidently have lots of authority, but I don’t think so, obviously. Anyway, the threats have never been carried out-uh-well… I may have spoken too soon.

             Being in a widely powerful group, you can own some police departments. The city police started getting more threats. Most of the threats were about getting rid of me and getting rid of our group, or they would start kidnapping and ransoming people. I suggested that I just simply stay hidden, but Jake said no, no, and hell no.

            Seeing that we’re a small group, compared to this city, the police put tight wraps on us. The question is, why am I hated so much or, better yet, why do people know me? What better than consulting the city archives! Totally not my idea. Sometimes you got to wonder what goes through Jake’s head. Jake and I went over to the Archives. They were hidden in the oldest library in the city. Surprisingly enough, we didn’t have a police escort. When we got into the top level of the library, something made a big thump with lots of crashes after it.

            “I’ll go check it out,” I volunteered. I went downstairs and began searching for the source of the noise. I had found it, but then I heard an unknown voice start talking and then Jake screamed his really girly scream. I ran upstairs and there was this guy that was beating Jake up. Oh jeez. I pulled the guy back. He tried to punch me; I ducked, spun around and hit him in the side of the neck with the side of my hand like a ninja. He passed out and fell on the floor.

            I found a phone and called Sergeant Rifenz so that he would come and get us and take us back to headquarters. Instead he took us to the police station. If I have so much authority, why don’t people do what I ask them to? The police chief met us at the door with a paramedic. The paramedic sat Jake down and began to patch him up. “What happened?” Rifenz asked. “We got there, the guard wasn’t there. There was a noise in the lower level. I went to check, came back and someone was beating him.” I gasped out of breath. The chief wants to see you.

            I walked to the chief’s office and knocked on the door. ”Enter.” The chief said through the door. “You wanted to see me,” I said kind of in an asking manner. ”I understand that there was something that happened to Jake. But I need you to focus well. For security reasons, you need to have a cell phone on you at all times. Plus, now-a-days, it’s sort of unnatural to see a teen, like you, without one. Oh, and one more thing, could you have the paramedic hurry up with patching Jake up? I need both of you present for the meeting,” Chief said as if in a shock-ish state.

            I walked hastily down to the office on the main level. I told the paramedic to hurry up. It didn’t take long to patch him up any way. We walked up to the chief’s office. The mayor was there. Odd, but okay. “Anna, could you go collect our guests and bring them up here,” Chief asked. I turned around and walked out As soon as I shut the door behind me, they started talking. I went down to collect the guests. I had no idea that we had relations with Germany. “Do you all speak English?” “Yes we do,” one said. “Then follow me, please,” I insisted with a little bit of random doubt in the back of my mind.