Part 3

*zayn's pov*
"Zayn" Melanie sauntered toward me practically whining. "Can we go to the beach today."
"I have to record today." I answered her. Truth be told I didn't really want to spend a whole day with her.
"Ugh you never do anything for me." She whined yet again. Not like I haven't bought her everything she has asked me to. Not like I haven't gone every single place she wants me to go with her. But whatever. Now, usually the smart thing to do when you're in a relationship that you hate, is get out of it. However we weren't really in a typical relationship. We did start dating last year authentically but after a while we both couldn't stand each other, but the public loved us together. The relationship put both of us in good public favor. So my manager Tom insisted that it would be best for our career to keep dating. So we did. With my album dropping earlier this year, it was important to have a good image. Melanie was a model and we looked decent together.
"Forget it I'm going to the gym." She ran up the stairs of my two story apartment, I assumed to change clothes. She kept a lot of her stuff here with out me even noticing but I didn't feel like protesting. I was sure in a couple more months I could break up with her and live my life.
She came back down in leggings and a tank top and walked out the door, slamming it behind her.
Since she was gone I moved from the kitchen where I was standing, to my art room. It was just a room where I got to spray paint all the walls and no one could tell me that I couldn't. It really calmed me down. After I finished some lettering I cleaned up my hands to get some of the paint off. I scrubbed one particular spot that wouldn't come off. When it finally did it revealed the small 'r' that was on my hand. I hadn't really looked at it in a while. I hadn't thought about her for a while.
But when I did I remembered how she made me feel and I remembered how she kissed me. Calling her 'The One that Got Away' would be an understatement. I only got to know her for a couple of hours, yet there was something inside me that felt drawn to her.
When I went back to look for her the next day, she wasn't there. The manager there said she moved but wouldn't tell me where to.
And I never saw her again. Some things happen though I guess. Sometimes in life you have to deal with a couple of Melanie's to get one good Rachel.
I sat down on the swivel chair in my large open lounge area. It was rather nice living in Los Angeles. I could record when I wanted to and I could always see my friends.
I took out the paper pad that I used to jot down lyrics every once in a while. Thinking about her got the creative juices flowing.

I still see where you left your trace on me
And I wish it was you that I always got to see

It wasn't gold but it was how I felt and maybe it was song material.