Sweetch 1

Dedicated to: irmalairRN "thanks for introducing me to wattpad inday! been hearing 'bout this for so long, but your determination to let me come in to this world of stories is simply irresistable, so this one's for you!" - smiling_keona :)

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

 Her POV

"Mirror, mirror on the wall who's the farest of them all."

I frown at that thought and smile sadly. Now, I definitely know I'm not the farest of them all. And I will never be again.

Enough of sad thoughts. I put on my black thick glasses and tied my hair up. Looking at my face, I saw an inch long discoloration at the right corner of my forehead. A scar. I ignored it. Not now please, I'm talking to my self. Again, enough of sad thoughts.

Today is my first day in the University. I feel excited and anxious at the same time. I used to love school, I used to. And how I hope to love school again.

"Hey darling! c'mon have your breakfast and let's get going. You don't want to be late, right?" mom is standing on my door. I stood up and face her.

"Yes mom! I'm ready, I'm going down okay?" that's the cue for her to go back to the kitchen.

Wearing my straight cut jeans, paired with large white buttoned blouse. Not my size I know, not even my fashion sense. Well, this is what I want , a change, I want to look new, not just new but something different from who I was before. I'm not doing this to get attention, but rather to be ignored. Enough of popularity, I want a peaceful simple life.

After a minute of checking myself again. I took a deep breath and put on my practiced-smile, I know how Mom feels, that's why I'm really trying. And I'm on my way to the dining.

The usual bacons, eggs and toasted breads were occupying the table. Smells good, Mom may not be the best cook in town, but for me her efforts are more than enough to be one of the bests.

"Girl! Are you done? You wanna ride with me?" knocking is not in her vocabulary, well that's fine with me, I'm so used to it, well she's Erma my so-called sister in another mother. She's the daughter of my Mom's bestfriend, Tita Janna. and now we're bestfriends too. We're living in a duplex house owned by Tita Janna. So technically we're not just besties, but neighbors as well.

"Hey there Erms! bacons you want?" I offered her some of my brekkies, ignoring her question.

"I'll give Sandy a ride Erms, since it's her first day, thanks for the offer dear. Come! Join us here!" mom answered her. She pulled out a chair, and put some bacon and toasts in an empty plate.

I let mom finished what she should say to Erms and I look straight on her eyes. "Mom no more Sandy's, please? Alex right here, ALEX" I'm not mad, it's just that some things are really need to be change, even name. It's for the better anyways.

Erma sat down and joined us."This is good, how I missed eating breakfast." her eyes on the food then in an instant she look at me "Alex huh? Alex the great!" I just smirked at her, after some teasing, she indulge her self to the food again. She's happily eating, Tita Janna, her mom used to travel a lot, busy taking care of their business. Rich ayt?! but not busy enough to make some breakfast for her daughter. But well, they have enough food at the fridge as I know, Erms is just being lazy.

Breakfast is done and we're on our way. New place, new school, new people. All are new! and even my name? yes! I decided for it, from Allesandra "Sandy" the happy-girly name I'm having since I was born has changed to Alexandra "Alex", it's not that far I know, but it's more braver that Sandy. 

Here we are! At the parking area of the school, Mom's so stubborn enough to send me here, as if I was just 5 years old. Funny but so sweet of her. I kissed her goodbye, "Mom I can go home with Erma, if that's okay with you?" I don't wanna be a burden. She just smile and nodded. "Anyways thanks for this! I love you Mom!" waving the smartphone on my right hand. 

"You take care darling, I'm just a call away, okay? Wear your smile and please make friends." I know what she wants, I gave her a smile, wave once again, I saw her car drive off then I start walking towards the entrance. Whoah! The school is huge. I'm quite happy 'bout it, at least I know that a big school, concludes a big population of students. And that means out of thousands out there, no one would notice me. I hope so. 

On my way to my classroom, I saw by-two's, by-three's, and so on group of students in the field, some are standing on the corridors, and others were sitting on the benches, they are happily chit-chatting. Could I possibly have one? I'm talking about having a friend. Aside from Erma, whom I know that she studies also here, I didn't saw here, maybe she's on another building or what. Few passersby able to notice me, I sigh. That's normal, of course they can look at me, I'm plainly visible.

I'm on the stairs about to reach my classroom when I heard ladies screaming, correct me If I'm wrong, but are they really screeching? At this very first day of school? I move and walk towards the noise. From the 2nd floor of the building I looked down at the ground area, those were the noisy ladies from, they were particularly being nosy because of a guy, oh yeah, a guy. I can't saw his face, for I am too up above, but I can see him waving and smiling to this flirty girls. Hmf! Popular huh! Campus hearthrob maybe. His loving the popularity I guess, I was so busy thinking, I didn't notice that he's already staring at my direction.

 Yes! In my direction.

He wasn't the only one who looked at me, all of the girls down there too, and their faces were a bit in fury and disgusted. My face was like WHAT-ARE-YOU-LOOKIN-AT? then I notice that the popular guy's hair was wet, realization came in, someone threw a plastic cup with water on him. Anti's do really exists. But it wasn't me, not me definitely, humayged! But they were looking on my side.

WTH? Were they thinking that I'm the suspect? OMG!. This is unbelievable, that's all I can say.  I walk as fast as I can, leaving my spot, turning my heads repeatedly right and left. 

What a first day!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and be fan if you find this story nice. And comment as well, any comment would be much appreciated, even criticisms but not the rude ones please. Thanks! Till the next chapter, let's enjoy reading. 

smiling_keona :)