Chapter 2

Previously

It's been an hour since we got in the car and I think there has been some really bad tension in the vehicle.
"Lauren can I ask you something??" I say questionably and small.
"Uh yeah sure go for it?" She kinda says and asks.
"Why do you hate me?" I say.

Camila's POV

Lauren looks on edge after I asked her that question. After about five minutes of awkward silence she finally begins to answer.

"Camila what makes you think I hate you." She asks
"Well...you always give me and my friends death glares and whenever I walk into a room you immediately walk out." I say a little nervously.
"Oh I guess I do, don't I." She says a little ashamed.
"It's nothing to be ashamed about I just wonder why?" I say.
"Well I guess it's a mix of my personality and how your friends treat me, I never hated you just your friends." She says.
"How do my friends treat you?" I ask really intrigued.
"When you weren't at CHB they use to bully me and always asked how I got the scar on my arm and stuff like that, it's why I always make my walls so high." She says.
"Oh I'm really sorry, I shouldn't of asked." I start to say but she interrupts.
"It's not your fault Camila I'm sorry for not being your friend." Lauren says.
"That's the first time you've called me by my name in the three years I've known you Lauren am I breaking down your high walls?" I say with a hint of sarcasm.
"Maybe I'm letting you Camila, if we have to do a quest together may as well have a bit of friendship along the way." Pray to the gods she said my name again, I like the way she says it... Wait what am I thinking its Lauren I don't have feelings for Lauren I'm just being friendly.

"You alright Camila you look shocked did I do something wrong?" She asks sincerely.
"No it's alright just thinking." I say.

Lauren's POV

She's breaking my walls, gods why does she do that. I sneakily look at her using my peripheral vision and she's blushing, gods that's so cute. But she's always been cute. Wait what am I thinking I don't like Camila just being friendly. Wait maybe I do like Camila, she has always been kinda hot in my opinion and I always get jealous when people ask her out. SHIT i like Camila.

"Hey why did we never actually talk to eachother?" Camila suddenly asks.
"You were always with your friends and family I never had the chance, your lucky you actually have friends and family honestly." I say.
"You know I only hang out with them cause they saved me from the bullies." She says.
"Wait you got bullied by who I'll beat the shit out of them when we get back." I say.
"Never mind it doesn't matter." Camila say emotionless.
"Seriously Camila who bullied you?" I ask.
"The daughters of Poseidon and Hera." She says just above a whisper. Even as she say it I can see her wince in pain.
"Wait you mean Perrie, Leigh Anne, Jade and Jesy?" I say.
"Yes." She croaks.
"Those bitches are gonna get some sense knocked into them for hurting you Camz." I say.
"Camz?" She questions.
"Is it alright if I shorten your name to Camz, it's hard to always say either Cabello or Camila?" I ask.
"Yeah sure I like it, I'm just use to people shortening it to Mila." She says.

"Well then Camz how bout we stop at my house so we can grab some snacks for the road, I only live about half an hour away." I say.
"Sure I'll like that." She say and I drive all the way to my house.

"Here we are, home sweet home." I say, as I see Camz in shock. "What?" I say.
"Your house is so big." She says. "I honestly thought you lived in a cave or something."
"Well that's painful." I say holding my heart. "Mom I'm home." I say.
"Honey it's so nice to see you and you brought a friend." My mom says
"Hi I'm Camila Cabello, I'm a daughter of Aphrodite." Camila introduces herself.
"No wonder you look gorgeous, Lauren she's a keeper." Mom says.
"MOM please don't, we are only here to get snacks since we are on a quest." I say.
"Oh... Well don't mind me and stay the night cause it's getting stormy and I don't want you guys on the road." Mom says.
"Okay mom please call us when dinner is ready cause you know how people love your cooking." I say.
"I will just go and show Camila your room and I'll be out of your business oh and it's nice to see you Lauren after five years." Mom says.

We walk to my room.
"Lauren you haven't seen your mom in five years?" Camz says.
"Yeah Camz I've been at camp that long, just please don't mention it again, it was hard to leave without going on a quest." I say.
"Oh ok, so anyway where do you think we should start, I mean go to?" Camz says.
"Maybe Hermes to give us more details for the quest since we don't really know what we are supposed to do?" I half say and half ask.
"Yeah sounds like a plan I happen to know where he works cause of ally. He lives in Washington DC so it shouldn't be that hark to find the store." Camz says.
"Yep okay we will leave first thing in the morning." I say.
"Girls dinners ready." Mom says and we head down for dinner.