An Undead Mother at my Doorstep ~3~

Chapter 3

Lillian's POV

The only way I could think to get my mind off of the family crap was to go out with David. I called him when I heard the talking downstairs. David was waiting for me at the movies. I got out of my car and I could feel the tears in my eyes. David saw me and automatically opened his arms.

"Lil, what happened?"

"My dad isn't my real dad", I said sobbing. David just 'ohhhhed' and pulled me too him. He held me while I cried and I just hugged him. He started kissing the top of my head and whispering 'it'll be okay' in my ear.

"Do you want to really go to the movies?"

"Not really. Can we just go to your house?"

"Of course", David said. We started walking and he grabbed my hand. I laid my head on his shoulder and we walked to my car, since David had walked to the movies.

When we arrived at David's house, his parent's cars were in the driveway. David's three story estate was lit and David and I could both tell his parents were up. We got out of the car and sauntered up to the house.

"I'm home", David yelled. We could hear his parents upstairs screaming at each other. So David tried again. "I'm home and I brought Lilly with me."

After the second time his parents stopped fighting and walked downstairs, holding hands. To the Miles' appearance was everything. Mrs. Miles was tall with platinum blonde hair and fake blue eyes. She had had a couple of breast implants and multiple cosmetic surgeries. Mr. Miles stood a tall 6'5 with gray eyes and dyed brown hair. David was nothing like his parents. David stood a slim 6'0 with straight blonde, natural hair. His sparkling blue eyes stood out against his tanned skin and his build was much better than his fathers'.

"Why hello Lil", Mrs. Miles said.

"Hey."

"Lilly going to hang here for a while", David said, grabbing my hand.

"Oh ok that's fine", his father said. David grabbed my hand and led me outside to the hammock. We lay down on it and looked at the stars. David had his arms wrapped around me and I had my head on his chest. David and I lay under his blanket. I laid my head on his chest and he rested his on the top of my head. I was listening to his heartbeat and I could feel him pull me closer to him.

"Dave, do you ever think of the future?"

"Of course, I imagine it with you."

"Really? Because I had a dream that we would get married one day."

"We will; eventually." I laughed and cuddled into David's side. My phone went off in my pocket

"Ugh, Dad. What?"

"Come home, now, Lillian."

"No. I'm busy."

"Too bad. It's past your curfew."

"Oh well. I'm just staying at D....I mean Amber's house tonight."

"Get home now!"

"Dad.."

"LILLIAN NOW!!!" He disconnected and I watched David start to close his eyes.

"Dave, I have to go. My dad wants me home now."

"I know. I just want you to stay here with me."

"I wish, but if I don't my dad may just come over here." David laughed next to me and kissed the top of my head, again. "I'll call you later when Dad falls asleep."

David nodded and his breathing changed from normal to smooth and even. I laughed as I realized he had fallen asleep. I grabbed my purse and walked out. I arrived home around ten minutes later. Dad was waiting up for me; he pounced on my as soon as I was through the door.

"Lillian Madison Smat! It is two hours past your curfew."

"Okay well I told you I was going to stay at Amber's but you decided you would ruin my life so I went to David's."

"YOU WENT TO DAVID'S!!!"

"Yes."

"Get to your room now."

"Fine!" I said close to tears

Chuck's POV

Lilly looked scared and like she was about to cry. I tried to go near her but she just turned on her heel and stormed upstairs. "Lil..." before I could finish she was already upstairs.

Lillian's POV

I ran up stairs after dad yelled at me. He never yells even if he's furious. It scared me; a lot. I didn't care about him not being my real father; he's the one who raised both of us.

Jillian's POV

I could hear Dad yelling at Lilly. I heard Lily storming up the stairs. I could hear her slam her door. Moments later, her phone rang and her door slammed open and then closed again. She was gone.

Lillian's POV

Kathryn called me and suggested that I leave the house. She said there was a party at Skye Thompson's house and of course I was the first on the list.

I called David and he finally picked up on the third ring.

"Hey babe, what's up?"

"Wanna go to the party tonight?"

"Ugh, Lil can't we just hang out at my house or something?"

"No. I want to go."

"Fine. I'll pick you up in ten." With this final statement David disconnected. Ten minutes later David pulled up in front of my house. Descending the stairs, I noticed Dad sitting on the couch with Jane at his side.

"Where are you going, Lillian?"

"Kathryn's."

Dad opened his mouth to say something, but Jane quickly covered his mouth. "Okay sweetie. Have fun." I nodded and waited to until David's car was in view.

Jillian's POV

I walked to my window just in time to see David pulling up. I could see Lilly getting in. My guess was that they were heading to Skye Thompson's party. I checked my bedside table clock and it read 10:00. Well Skye's party didn't start until around 10:30 or 11ish so I figured that if I went around 11:30 everybody would already be drunk enough that they wouldn't notice me walking in.

David's POV

When we arrived at the party, Lilly started out holding onto my hand, but quickly let go. I worried about her at parties, especially if there was something bothering her. She would let drinking take over and soon enough she would be lost and most likely hurt herself.

Jillian's POV

Around 11:00, I snuck out of the house while Dad...Chuck...whatever and Jane were cuddled on the couch asleep. I took Jane's car and drove to Skye's house, which was about four miles away. When I arrived at the party, I saw David's car in the driveway. I knocked on the big oak door, but nothing happened. Finally I just pushed on the door, and it opened, revealing all drunken teenagers inside. I stepped inside just as I saw Lilly and her friends walk by. Oh no, I thought to myself; Lilly is drunk and Dad and Jane are going to kill her.