An Undead Mother at my Doorstep ~11~

Chapter 11

David's POV

Best thing about tonight's that we're not fighting

Could it be that we have been this way before

I know you don't think that I am trying......

I know you're wearing thin down to the core

But hold your breath

Because tonight will be the night that i will fall for you

Over again

Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day

I swear its true

Because a girl like you is impossible to find

You're impossible to find

This is not what I intended

I always swore to you I'd never fall apart

You always thought that I was stronger

I may have failed

But I have loved you from the start

Oh, But hold your breath

Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you

Over again

Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day

I swear it's true

Because a girl like you is impossible to find

It's impossible

So breathe in so deep

Breathe me in

I'm yours to keep

And hold onto your words

'Cause talk is cheap

And remember me tonight

When you're asleep

Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you

Over again

Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day

I swear it's true

Because a girl like you is impossible to find

Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you

Over again

Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day

I swear it's true

Because a girl like you is impossible to find

You're impossible to find

My phone rang from my bedside table. Lilly flashed across my screen.

"Hello."

"Hey it's me", Lilly said slowly.

"I know. I can read caller ID."

"Oh yea haha." I sighed. I didn't know why I was being so rude to Lilly. She didn't do anything wrong.

"What's up LillyBug?" I knew she would feel better if she got called that because only certain people called her that.

"David, do you love me?" she asked suddenly. Her question caught me by surprise and it took me a moment to answer. "David?"

"Of course I do, Lil. You know that." Lilly sighed on the other end of the line.

"Can I come over?"

"Yes." I walked down stairs and sat on the front steps. Ten minutes later Lilly Mercedes-Benz pulled into my driveway. I walked towards it and stood there. Lilly got out and looked at me funny.

"What?"

"Are you going to slap me again?" I asked her. I expected a laugh out of her but instead she put her head down and refused to look at me. I lifted her chin to make her look at me, only to see tears in her eyes. "Lilly, I was kidding. I know you were just mad."

"I shouldn't have slapped you. I'm sorry", she mumbled. Her voice was so faint that I barely heard her. I shook my head and opened my mouth to tell her that it was my fault she was mad when I saw her hand go up to her mouth. She started shaking and the welled up tears started flowing. I pulled her to me and held her there for a while until she started to pull away. "Let go of me." When I finally let go she walked over to the front porch and sat down on the steps. I walked over and sat down next to her and started to wrap my arms around her when she pushed them away. I looked at her but she turned away from me.

"What?" When Lilly wouldn't answer me I realized it was because she was still crying. I tried to wrap my arms around her again, but she just shoved them off. "Lil, why won't you let me hug you?" then I remembered; Lilly wouldn't let people see her cry because it was a sign of weakness. I pulled Lilly closer to me and wrapped my arms around her. She tried to shove them off but I wouldn't let her; finally she just let them stay put. "Lilly, this is me. Why are you acting so weird? You're my best friend and the love of my life and your acting so weird. But I still love you", I said kissing her cheek. She laughed and turned in my arms to face me. Her eyes were bloodshot and red and her face was tear stained.

"I think we need to talk."