An Undead Mother at my Doorstep ~4~

Chapter 4

Lillian's POV

I could feel the alcohol taking effect. I had only had like maybe three or ten. I lost track after two, for sure. I kept looking for David, but I quickly lost track of him.

David's POV

I still had my eyes on Lillian even though I had, at least, four beers in the last two hours. I could tell that Lilly was still more wasted than I was. I had seen Jillian walking in earlier. I walked towards the way which I had seen her walk. Sure enough, there was Jill sitting on the couch, crammed between two couples.

"Hey", I said, pulling her up.

"David, hey. Where's Lilly?"

"Off drunk somewhere."

"Oh." Jill's drink was running low. I could easily smell the alcohol on her breath.

"So do you need someone to talk to?"

"About what?"

"About what going on at home", she looked at me like I was crazy. "Lilly told me."

"Yea I guess." We sat down and I listened as Jill talked on and on about how she felt betrayed and how she felt lost and alone. I told her she wasn't alone, that I would always be here if she needed to talk. "Thanks David. I really appreciate you listening."

"Sure. I don't mind." Jill was leaning into to give me a hug when I suddenly felt my lips pressing against hers. I could tell Jill sensed it too, because momentarily, she pulled away. I stared at her and I could see her leaning back in. When our lips met again, she deepened the kiss by pulling my neck towards her. I was forgetting everything; I was forgetting all the drinks I had, I was forgetting all of my problems, and I was forgetting Lilly. Seeing Lilly in my mind made me pull away automatically. Jill looked ashamed as she stared down to the ground.

"This will be perfect", a cold voice said from behind me. Jillian and I both turned around to see LeAnn and Amber standing behind us with a camera phone out.

"Amber, LeAnn what are you doing?"

"Getting proof that you're a lying, cheating, dog."

"Are you going to show that to Lilly?" Jill asked, quietly.

"Of course." The both said snickering.

"David, I'm so sorry", Jillian said starting to cry.

"No don't worry about it", I said wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "They're both probably drunk that they won't even remember."

"If you say so."

Jillian got up and walked away. I could see her making her way through the crowd and out the door. About five minutes later LeAnn and Amber sat down next to me

"Well dog. What's it going to take for you to convince us not to show Lilly the picture of you and Jillian?"

"Dog? Creative. And I'm not going to even try to convince you not to show her."

"Fine. Enjoy the single life."

They finally got up and walked into the other room. For a moment I was afraid that they really were going to tell Lilly, but I was pretty sure that they were both too drunk. Almost five minutes later, Lilly swayed into the room and plopped on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her waist to keep her from falling off of me.

"Lil, your drunk. I think it's time to go home."

Lil sighed and stood up holding her arms out to me. I was surprised that she wanted to even leave yet.