An Undead Mother at my Doorstep ~16~

Chapter 16

Jillian's POV

The next day I woke up early and realized I had extra time to get ready. I decided to curl my usually straight hair. I sang to myself in the mirror as I styled my hair. When I was about halfway done, I heard Lilly walking by my door. I opened my door to see Lilly walking down stairs for breakfast. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a hoodie.

"Lil", I said. She jumped and looked at me. "You okay?" I could see she had bags under her eyes, like she hadn't gotten much sleep last night.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm going down to breakfast. Are you coming?"

"In a minute, I need to finish my hair." Lilly gave me a small smile before continuing downstairs. When I got downstairs, Lilly wasn't in the kitchen but Jane was. "Where's Lilly?"

"She already left. David came and picked her up."

"Fabulous. She was my ride."

"Do you need me to give you a ride?"

"Thanks, but I think I'll walk." Jane nodded and said goodbye to me as I walked out the door. I put my iPod headphones in and started walking in the direction of school when I heard a car pulling up close to me. After everything that happened with Lilly and David, I was cautious about cars and being alone. I put my hands in my pocket and found my cell phone. I kept my hand on it while turning up the volume on my iPod. Out of my peripheral vision, I could still see the car close to me. I started to walk faster when I heard my name called.

"Jillian wait." I stopped and turned around. I smiled and walked towards the car.

Third Person's POV

I laughed what I figured was an evil laugh.

"What's so funny?" My partner asked me.

"We just have these twins down to a tee. Now go get the boy, he's going to be late." My partner nodded and walked off. A minute later, the brunette twin Jillian, walked out of the house and started walking down the street. "So do you know your plan for today?" I asked the boy involved. He nodded yes and ran out the door. My partner and I watched as he climbed in his car and drove off.

Johnny's POV

I knew everything: every little detail about both of them. I got in my car and drove off towards my new school. As I was driving I noticed Jillian walking in the same direction I was driving.

"Jillian wait." She stopped and waited until I pulled my car next to her completely. "Need a ride?"

Jillian's POV

"Need a ride?" Johnny asked. I smiled before looking at the path to school.

"Absolutely", I responded. Johnny grinned a breathtaking smile and got out. He walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for me. I grinned just like he had a moment before and climbed in the car.

Lillian's POV

When David and I got to school, there was almost nobody there. David saw one of his friends that he said he wanted to go say hi to and walked off. I stood there awkwardly waiting for him to come back when someone touched my shoulder. I screamed and jumped in shock. I turned around to see Kathryn standing behind me.

"Are you okay, Lil?"

"I'm totally fine", I lied. Ever since last night I had been jumpy. Every sound I heard sounded like a gunshot going off. Kathryn and I started talking so when David walked up a few minutes later and wrapped his arms around my waist I jumped again. David looked at me knowingly.

"There is something going on between you two. Did something happen?" David and I were quick to shake our heads no and were about to verbally deny it when LeAnn walked up.

"Who's the cutie that your sister is with?" At LeAnn's words, the four of us turned towards the parking lot where Jill was getting out of a car with a guy that I had never seen before.

He had dark brown, almost black hair and brown eyes. He was tall with broad shoulders and lean legs. It was obvious that he had anywhere from a six to and eight pack just from the shirt he was wearing. He had high cheekbones and a defined chin that stuck out a little. His nose was slightly pointed but fit perfectly with his face. When he smiled at something Jill said, his teeth were perfectly straight and white.

LeAnn, Kat, and I realized we had been staring when David coughed. We all looked away and blushed. Jillian and the Mystery man were getting closer to us by the second when LeAnn spoke.

"Hey pretty boy, come here", she yelled out to the new guy. Kat and I smacked her arm. She ignored us and waved him over. David scoffed and walked off.  He smiled and grabbed Jill's wrist and dragged her over. When he got to us, LeAnn stuck out her hand. "LeAnn."

"Johnny", he said shaking LeAnn's hand.

"And this is Kathryn", LeAnn said pointing to Kat. "And this little firecracker is Lillian. She's Jillian's twin sister", LeAnn said pushing me towards me him. I could see the shock flash across Jill's face before I backed off.

"That I could tell. They're both equally beautiful." Jill blushed while I just continued to look at him. There was something about him that I just couldn't figure out. LeAnn's laugh snapped me back to reality and out of my thoughts.

"Do you have someone showing you around?"Kat asked.

"I do believe Jillian was going to show me around." I could see LeAnn and Kathryn faces visibly fall when he said that, I on the other hand couldn't have cared less. There was something I didn't trust about Johnny but I didn't know what it was yet.