CH.11 Family Gathering

Yesterday was crazy. After Anna picked me up I had to tell her I was doing a short film project that involved, "fake blood." I think she believed me because she said she had to do a project like that 2 years ago.

Greyson somehow outsmarted the cops, making them think it was just a gas leakage.

I combed my hair, parting it down the middle.

" Liah?" My mom called from the living room.

" Yes?" I said, trudging down the stairs.

" You cousins Marty and Joanne are coming with their kids, Lucia and Brock for dinner since their in town for a week. So no going out tonight." My mother spoke, changing the channel to some soap opera.

" It's not like I go out anyway?" I said.

" I know that, but in case you were planning on it, I am letting you know we are having a family dinner. Wear something nice, you know Joanne and Marty are Fancy Nancy's. "

I nodded, walking back up into my room.

I continued making myself look pretty, glossing my lips and curling my eyelashes. I wonder what Greyson does living alone. He must do something when he isn't being a psychopath.

Maybe he reads, he could be one of those people that love reading and collect every book in the world. If he did that, all of his collections would be burnt to ashes.

What if he loves rap music? He could rap Kanye under the table. No, he's too morbid to want to jam out to music about ladies shaking their hips and throwing money.

What if he's an artist? I've seen what he has done to some of those bodies, only someone who loves art could pull that off. Or a murderer.

I walk downstairs and sit on the couch. I'm more bored than I thought. I take out my phone, realizing I have 5 missed calls and 8 text messages from Anna.

I dial her number, and press the phone to my ear.

" Liah! Did you hear what happened?" Anna panicked through the phone.

" What?" I spoke.

" Victoria Garner's grandma's house burnt down!"

Who's Victoria Garner, that's strange.

" Who?" I asked.

" The girl who committed suicide? I'm sure Turner has told you about her. Her grandma was in the house, too. She couldn't get out because she was in a wheelchair."

Wait, whoa. 

Did Greyson purposely take me to that house, lying that it was his? I've been to his house before, if it isn't his house, how did he get in? How did he know that Turner would do it, and burn down the house? Why didn't Greyson care?

" I have to go, I'm having a family dinner, and my mom needs me to uh help her."

" Liah Vic-"

I hung up the phone.

I walked into the kitchen, seeing my mom look at recipes.

" Mom, can I go to the library, just for an hour."

" The library huh? Is that code for something else?" She smirked.

" No, I just really need to look something up, please." I begged.

" Oh, alright,. But only 45 minutes."

I smiled and ran out the door.

When I arrived at the library, I spotted a computer that nobody was using.