Chapter Three: Nancy

As we pulled into the garage of my familiar home, I looked up to see Ned on the front porch, wearing a black and white suit. I smiled and waved to him as I hurriedly jumped out of the car and ran towards him. I opened up my arms to him and we embraced.
    "It's good to see you, Nan," Ned whispered into my ear, "I missed you."
    I blushed, "I missed you too, Ned." I noticed Dad and Hannah were hanging back by the car, watching us. They were both smiling. My dad was drumming his fingers along the car door.
    "Nan," Ned took both my hands into his and started to get down onto his knees. His deep blue eyes looked into mine. "I have been wanting to do this for some time now, but you always seem to be off solving mysteries." That made me laugh and he laughed along with me. His hands we shaking. I could tell he was nervous.
    "But, now seems like a good time," I couldn't hold back the tears of joy that started flooding my eyes. "You have always been special to me, Nancy and I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Would you... Marry me, Nancy Drew?" He pulled out a black box out of his back pocket and popped it open.
    My hand flew up to my open mouth as I gasped. Inside was a beautiful silver ring. It wasn't anything too big, it was just the right size. A diamond rested on the top of the ring.
    I took my eyes off the precious ring and looked back at Ned's. He gave his cute small smile I always loved. "Yes, Ned. Yes, I will Marry you." The tears escaped from my eyes and ran down my cheeks.
    Ned took the ring from the box and brought it closer for me to see. I gasped again as I saw the inside of the ring. It was engraved and read Nancy and Ned Nickerson.
    "Ned, it's beautiful. Thank you. Thank you so much. I love you, Ned." He took the ring and placed it on my left second to last finger.
    I laughed as Ned then lifted me up in a hug and spun me around. I was so happy. I heard my Father and Hannah laughing as well. We both turned to see my Dad filming us with a camera and Hannah was taking pictures.
    I want this moment to last forever. I want this happiness to last a lifetime. I am marrying Ned Nickerson.