Chapter 20

We sat on the couch in the game and movie room on the tour bus. My legs stretched out in front of me, my ankles crossed over the coffee table. Niall's head rested in my lap, popping whoppers into my mouth for me, then sticking some into his own mouth. 

I ran my fingers through his blonde hair, as we watched Iron Man 2. 

He put the bag of candy next our empty Arizona cans, and our empty bags of popcorn and candy. 

"I like when you play with my hair." He mumbled quietly, closing his eyes. 

I kissed his forehead, and kept my hands in his hair. Knotting it up in my hands and brushing it out. Not long later, Niall was snoring softly. 

I held his head up, and set it down on a pillow as I stood up, gathering up our garbage in my arms. I walked out past the lounge into the kitchen. Dumping all our empty things into the garbage can, and rinsing out our cans, before crushing them up and putting them into the recycling.

My phone started going off in my pocket, which surprised me because the only people that would be trying to reach me is my mom and Hayley. 

Hayley! I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket and pressed it to my ear.

"Hayls! Hi!"

"Hey babe! I'm gonna be in Florida tomorrow! no, that's not right. Dad! Where are we flying to again?" I heard Kain, her dad, yell back to her in the background. "Oh, thanks! We're coming to California tomorrow! And, my dad is being picked up by some old friends, but I don't really want to be hanging around a couple of old guys who sit around drinking beer for 4 days... If you get my drift."

"So you want me to pick you up from the airport to come stay with me?"

"If you want to..."

"Of course I do! I miss my best friend." I smiled as I poured myself a glass of water.

"Yay!"

"This might not have to do with me having an incredibaly attractive boyband staying in my backyard does it?"

"What? Pfft, ssh, hah! Not at all." I could hear the sarcasm in her voice and debated wether or not she really wanted to come to see me, or just to see the boys.

"Right, ok, well what time does the plane land?"

"Two in the morning?" 

I looked at the clock. "Are you kidding me? Thats so early!"

"Please? I miss you!"

"Fine. But I'm bringing Magen. I don't want to have to drive all by myself."

"Who's Megan?"

"A good friend of mine. Don't worry. She's cool."

"Alright. Well thanks babe! We're leaving to the airport in a few minutes, and I'll call you when we get to San Fransisco. We have a half hour layover, so yeah. I'll let you know when we're there!"

"Ok! I'm gonna get some sleep now then, just in case. See you later!"

"Bye love!"

I hung up and slipped my phone into my pocket. I walked to the movie room and saw that Niall was still sleeping, so I decided to go take a shower, leaving a note for Niall first.

"Summer? Is that you?" Robbie called from kitchen.

I walked in, and was greeted by him and a bunch of his buddies, two girls, and four other boys. "Uh, hey." I waved shyley.

"We're having a fire tonight, so you and your little friends can't come down to the beach. We don't want you guys mixing in with us ok?" 

"Got it." I gave him a small smile and shuffled out of the kitchen to my room. I striped out of my eggings, and Niall's sweater, and popped my head out into the hallway, making sure it was clear. I ran across the hall into my bathroom, and turned the water onto the coldest it could go. Pulling my hair out of its bun, I brushed it out then jumped into the cold water.