3 Years gone by

It took a few weeks of experimenting for me to realize what was wrong with me; I was allergic to Sam's boyfriend, Noah.

I had tried everything from asking him to stop wearing his cologne to telling him to switch what laundry detergent he used, but nothing ever worked. I was seriously allergic to the guy.

Some of my allergic reactions included nausea, dizziness, fever,
vomiting, and lastly, chest pains. I had to admit that my symptoms were odd but I didn't know what else it could have been.

I at first thought that it was a flu, or that it was Sam, but when her boyfriend wasn't around I was fine, and plus a flu doesn't work like a rollercoaster.

I had told him that he made me sick after he had switched his shampoo for the fourth time, and he seemed pretty insulted. He had pouted at me and knit his eyebrows together but no matter what face the boy made, he made me nauseous.

Sam didn't take what I said too harshly and only laughed.

Eventually they caught on that I was serious and Noah had to leave when Sam and I hung out. Needless to say that left the guy in a poor mood.

"Don't worry about him he'll be fine. He's just a big ol' pup." We laughed as we made our way to my history class.

"I just feel so bad for separating the two of you." I admitted. She laughed again and smacked her thighs to show how funny she thought what I said was.

"Honey, we're going to be mated in four years, i consider this my last breath of personal space." We erupted into a chorus of laughter again. Sam passed me a bag of cookies "Want these? I don't like chocolate chip." I was shocked at that but I nodded my head and began to munch on the cookies. I was curious as to why she would like chocolate but not chocolate chip cookies but didn't think too much about it since I was too distracted with what she said about being mated.

"Mated?" She turned her head to the left to give me a look as if she thought I was crazy. You're the chocolate chip hater not me I thought to myself.

"Yep" she said with a pop of the p. "Me and him are meant to be together. Everyone is just waiting for our wolves to catch up to what we already know." I nodded my head in understanding. We stopped once we were at my classroom.

"I'll see you on the field" I begrudgingly added. Today we would be tested for ranking, just like when we were eight.

"Miss Ruby you're late" Mrs. Adams informed me as I hastily walked in. I knew she was disappointed because she used my last name to address me. "We have just started talking about mates. So Violet, can you tell me what a mate is?" Everyone in the class turned to me and I internally groaned at the unwanted attention.

Usually your parents tell you about mates when you hit your twelfth birthday, but obviously that didn't happen with me.

"Someone you have have sex with?" I asked and the entire class erupted into laughter. My answer only deepened her frown and she looked like she was holding back a growl of annoyance.

"In- a sense Miss Ruby but it's much more than that.

"The moon goddess had many abilities and she soon found out that one of them was to pair wolves together. She called these pairs of werewolves mates. The pairs would be bonded to each other through mind, body, and soul. The mating ritual involved a were biting the other and "sealing the deal." A few students laughed. "Sometimes a mate will reject the other although is very difficult and painful to reject a mate. Many wolves have gone mad from trying to avoid their other half. If a wolf were to have sex with another wolf, their mate would go through tremendous pain. If a wolf were to mate with another wolf, the mate will almost always die.