Chapter Three

“Surprisingly” enough, I never saw Tyler again. He didn’t keep his promise, sounds familiar. I found out later that since Tyler was over 18, he legally was arrested for: Possession of alcohol underage, possession of illegal drugs, giving him 5 years in prison.

And I was going to kiss him.

The rest of the summer was fun, and boring. For the whole last month of the summer, I packed up my whole entire room and prepared everything for my long and far flight to Maryland.

The summer was almost over, which I wasn’t excited about. But I was ready to get to college.

I walked up to the gate as my row was called and handed the stewardess my ticket. I walked through the long hall and into the plane. After a while, it was full and the flight attendant talked for a while over the loud speaker. I felt the plane shift and start to roll. I waved goodbye to my home since birth, everything I knew and loved, behind me.

About four hours later, the pilot came over the loud speaker. We were going to land soon. I felt the plane shift as we sloped downwards. It was sunny and I watched as the building below got closer and closer, until we landed.

I walked out of the hall and into the lobby to pick up my bag. I called a taxi and asked to be driven to the University.

As we drove along, I looked at the new sights that I was going to see a lot of. Maryland was beautiful, but so different from home. The air was thicker, and it was much warmer.

We showed up at the University at about 4:00 and I stepped out. It was a huge place. I walked toward the main building and found a large service desk with many women standing behind it.

“Can I help you?” A bored sounding women asked.

“Um, yes.” I approached her. “I need to be assigned a dorm, my name is Jennifer-“

“Oh! That would be me, over here sweetie.” An older woman waved me over to her position. “Your name, dear?” She asked.

 “Jennifer Marie Hill.” I smiled.

“Oh yes, Miss Hill, you were scheduled to come today. Good. Well, you will be in Dorm 7, 3rd floor, room 318. There is one other girl staying in your room. She has been here for a week or so, but feel comfortable to just move right in.” She handed me a key and pulled out a map. “Here is Dorm 7,” She circled a building on the map. “Here is where you are right now.” She pointed at the main office in the map. “So just take a long right and it will be at the second left.”

“Thank you.” I waved as I turned towards the door.

I looked at the map. The campus was much more confusing than the map explained it to be. I walked a while down the sidewalk. After a while I realized, I was lost. I looked all round and couldn’t find one building anywhere near my dorm. I sat down at a bench and searched the map for help.

Suddenly, I heard someone laughing. I looked up to see what asshole was doing that. A boy with short brown hair walked up.

“New here?” He smirked.

I sighed, “How could you tell?”

“Well, for one thing, you have a map.”

“Wow, you have me figured out.” I sarcastically said.

“Where do you need to go?” The boy asked.

“I’m trying to find my dorm house, 7.”

“Oh, seven? Sweet, that’s where mine is, come on, it isn’t far.” He started walking.