Chapter One

Alex never did pay me back; at least, I don’t think he did.

After telling everyone the he finally kissed a girl, his popularity shot up. Mine, not so much. All through eighth grade, I never talked to him, while he went and dated 15 different girls. I heard the news that he moved the summer after, to some East Coast state. I heard later that his best friend, Jack’s dad got the same offer (They did work at the same company), and soon after, the Barakats were flying out right behind them. I guess it was pretty coincidental. It didn’t matter to me anyway because we weren’t even going to the same high school.

Now here we are Senior year, days away from graduating. A long time ago, I received a four year scholarship to a college in Maryland, University of Maryland, Baltimore County. It seemed like a pretty good school. And with a full ride scholarship, I couldn’t say no.

I saw Madison leaning against her locker, trapped by some football player. I walked up behind him and looked at Madison. She noticed me and rolled her eyes. We laughed together at the guy’s pathetic attempt at getting Madison. He didn’t seem to notice.

“So, uh, what are you doing after graduation?”

Madison rolled her eyes, “How about this: not you.” She pushed him out of the way, ran towards me, grabbed my arm, and moved the opposite way.

“Freaking Grady, he doesn’t get it! I’m not a freaking whore!” Madison said as she kicked the girl’s bathroom door open.

“Ugh. Freshman.” Madison said louder than needed. The three girls froze as Madison glared at them. They quickly filed out. “Good little freshman.” Madison smiled contently.

“Your such a bitch.” I nudged her.

“Whatever, it will be over in two days, so I can pretty much do whatever I want.” She pulled out her mascara and put it on in the mirror.

“You already have about a pound of makeup on, seriously?” I said leaning against the tiled wall.

“Never know.” Madison said still applying her makeup. “Anyway guess who invited us to his graduation party?” She smiled excitedly.

“Who?” I smiled.

“Tyler freaking Macintosh!” She screamed.

“No!” I screamed.

“Yeah, and guess what else?” Her smile got bigger.

“What?” I asked excitedly.

“He told me to make sure that you came.”

“NO!” I dropped my purse.

“Yes!” Madison squealed. “He likes you!”

“Oh my God!” I jumped up and down.

“Yeah. It’s great.” Madison said pushing through the door and to her locker again.

“Well, I have to go, thanks for the fantastic news!”

“You got it, bitch!” She slammed her locker shut and turned the way to her next class.

“By whore.” I yelled.

“Not a whore!” She screamed while walking down the hall.

I walked to my favorite class, Literature Theory. Mr. Perce, or Mark, was a fun teacher that let us do anything. It was only two days from graduation, so all the senior classes were just talking and games.

The next day seemed to go as slow as a day could possibly go. I couldn’t take it much longer. I couldn’t get to sleep at all that night, but I was wide awake for the day ahead.

 __________________________________________________________________________

Okay here's one, the music is probably mostly for Madison i guess? Truthfully, I don't know any songs from Put Up or Shut Up, and it was literally the first time I saw this video, AND THEY'RE SO YOUNG, it's adorable! Anyways, have fun ;)