Chapter Five

I woke up the next morning with the sun shining on my face. It was pretty early, considering I still wasn’t completely used to the time change. I sat up in bed and looked around at the strange surroundings. Kara wasn’t in her bed; she told me that she was an early riser anyway.

I was staring into space when I heard the door open, it was Kara.

“Morning sleepyhead.” She tossed a small carton of orange juice at me.

“Thanks.” I said as I put my hair up into a bun.

“Did you-“ she suddenly stopped and stared at me with her mouth wide open.

“What?” I questioned her face.

“Jenny…what did you and Jack do last night, exactly?”Kara said with a grin overtaking her face.

“I don’t know, we talked and got drunk, then pretty much came back here pretty late. Why?”

“Are you sure that’s all you did?” She continued to smile.

“Well…yeah” I lied. “Why?”

Kara zipped open her makeup bag and tossed me the small mirror she had.

“Because, darling, you have a hickey the size of Texas on your neck! Look!”

My eyes widened as I looked in the mirror. She was right, and it was completely obvious. I quickly stood up and looked in the big mirror.

“No!” I yelled.

“Honey, it’s no problem, that happened to me all the time when I started dating Rian. Just some simple cover-up will take care of it.” Kara jumped off of her bed and took out her makeup.”Lucky enough, we have similar skin tones.” She said taking out her brush.

I leaned my head over as she started to dab it on.

“So, what then? Are you and Jack going out, or what? Or was it even Jack at all? Did you meet someone else?” She started bombarding me with questions.

I sighed, “If you promise not to tell anyone.”

“I swear it!” She said looking at me through the mirror.

“We uh, got drunk, started, making out. He took me to his room and we, made out some more and-“

“So what? D’you guys have sex or not?” She asked excitedly, closing up her makeup bag. I looked in the mirror, and I couldn’t see a thing. Wow that was magic makeup. “Don’t touch it for a while, that stuff gets off pretty easily.”

“We…no, but we were going to. But I couldn’t.” I rolled my eyes at the dumb things I did.

“Well, good for you girl, take control!” She stamped her foot.

“I hope I was right.”

“Corse you were! Don’t do anything you don’t wanna do. Now drink your juice!” she said grabbing it from my bed and tossing it at me again.

I got dressed and walked down the stairs to the lobby. Many people were in there, having breakfast and socializing.

Right away, I spotted Rian, and so did Kara. She ran up to him and greeted him with a kiss, then sat down. I followed her to the table and sat down in another chair.

Rian smiled, but it seemed to lessen when he looked at me.

I sighed heavily, “Jack, uh, told you didn’t he?” I said looking away.

“Well, yeah.” Rian said quietly. “But he isn’t mad, Jack’s not one to hold a grudge. He’ll probably get over it by the end of the day.” He said consolingly.