Chapter Six

I woke up so much earlier than what I was used to. My first class started at 8, but I was still used to being two hours behind. It was 6:30, so I forced myself out of bed. Kara seemed to be waking up too.

“Well, ready for your first day of school, freshman?” Kara teased.

“Um, hello? You’re a freshman too!” I said throwing a pillow at her.

“Yeah, but you’re newer.” She joked.

I stood up and picked out an outfit.

“Let’s get breakfast before all the good stuff is taken.” Kara said already ready to go.

“Go ahead without me, I need to shower.” I said.

“Suit yourself.” She said closing the door behind her.

I took a quick shower and packed my bags with the books needed for class. I walked down the stairs and saw Kara and Rian sitting at a table. I walked over.

“You chose the wrong time to come over, girl; I was just about to leave.” Kara said standing up from her seat.

“Hey, I’m here.” Rian joked. “Maybe she wants to talk to me!”

“Okay, sweetie.” Kara said sarcastically before kissing him on the cheek and turning around to leave.

We watched her go out through the door.

“Just friends, Jen?” Rian said as soon as the door shut.

“What?” I asked confused.

“You talked to Jack, and you’re going to be just friends?” Rian said unbelieving.

“That boy tells you everything doesn’t he?” I nodded in disbelief.

“Well, since Alex isn’t here, yeah.”

“Alex, his roommate?” I remembered what Jack told me earlier.

“Yeah, they’ve been best friends since forever.” Rian raised his eyebrow, “So you go and almost have sex with this guy, break it off at the last second, and say you’ll be friends.”

I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn’t think of anything to say.

“Well, go luck to both of you.” Rian said nodding.

“Thanks, Ry.” I said sarcastically. “Well, I should go too; class starts in a few minutes.”

“Yeah.” He nodded.

I walked out the door and in the direction of my very first college class. I approached the large building and climbed up the stairs. I walked into the classroom and overlooked the area. Hundreds of desks filled the whole room, and yet, there was still plenty of room to spare. I stood there for a moment, picking out the place that I was going to sit.

I finally picked out the perfect place when I felt someone bump into me and knock all the books out of my hand.

“Oh God, I’m so sorry, here,” I turned to see a boy with brown side swept hair, “let me get those for you. Where you sitting?” The boy began.

Where am I sitting?

“Uh, well, I just picked out a place, if you’ll…follow me.” I said, pretty confused at what he just asked me.

I walked over to the place I was going to sit and sat down.

“Ugh,” He put down the books, “there ya go. Sorry again.”

“It’s fine,” I half smiled

“Do you mind if I, uh, sit here? You know, new class, don’t know anyone.” The boy asked.