10. Personal space

Mia-
I was sat in the back of the bus when Denis strolled on.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the studio or something?" I raised my eyebrow, covering my writing in the notebook.

I had been working on some stuff for some new upcoming Down & Dirty music.

"What's in the notebook?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"N...nothing." I stuttered.

"You stutter when you lie Мое солнышко"

"Pulling out the nickname?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Indeed." He smiled. "But really, what were you writing?"

"Just some song lyrics." I said, closing the book and placing it to the side, Denis immediately reaching for it.

I stopped his hand with mine and glared up at him.

"Don't you dare."

He reached a little farther, causing me to lean further back, falling onto my back across the couch, pulling him with me to where he was hovering over me, our faces barely an inch apart, a smirk broke out across his face.

At least he couldn't get the notebook now, considering I was on top of him.

"I quite like this position Мое солнышко." His smirk grew.

"I like my personal space." I blushed.

"I like your personal space too." If his smirk could have gotten even bigger it would have.

"Denis." I groaned threateningly.

"You didn't used to groan like that when I was on top of you." He winked.

"Will you get off of me?" I rolled my eyes.

His flirting was cute but I was quite stressed about getting all of this stuff done for the album.

He sighed, sitting up, helping me sit up as he did so.

"Sorry." He blushed a little bit.

"It's alright." I bit my lip.

As much as I pretended to hate having him around me, I enjoyed his company, and I felt like I was eighteen again, it was almost just as it used to be.

"Can I ask you a question?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah. Go ahead."

"Why are you such a private person now?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You used to share your writing with me. And now you won't."

"I'm afraid you'll think that it's stupid." I bit my lip.

"Why?"

"It's just...more personal than it used to be, and now since you are in a big band your writing is so much better than mine." I sighed.

"Mia your writing was flawless. And having it mean so much to you makes it even better."

"W...would you want to read some?"