13. Boyfriend

Mia-
I laid about in my house two months later, flipping through channels as I looked for inspiration to write some new music.

Nothing.

For some reason I couldn't bring myself to write anything and it was slowly killing me.

I picked up my phone and sighed, dialing the number of Denis, who picked up immediately.

"Hey gorgeous." I could hear the fact that he had a smile on his face just by the way he was talking.

"Hey love." I smiled. I hadn't seen Denis since tour ended because he was busy with festivals this time of year, but he was planning to come to Russia to see me soon and stay for a bit.

"What are you up to right now gorgeous?"

I flushed red. Although he had called me that so many times it still never failed to make me blush.

"Writing...." I paused. "Well, attempting to write." I sighed. "I'm blocked and I figured that you could offer some inspiration."

"I'm afraid I'm not very inspiring, unless you want to write about how god damn sexy I am." I could hear him smirk.

"You are beyond concieted Shaforostov." I rolled my eyes.

"It's one of the things you love about me." He chuckled.

"I tolerate you." I laughed.

"That hurts babe. I've gotta go play a show, but while I'm gone remember how much you hurt my heart."

I laughed.

"God I will never get over how adorable your laugh is." I heard him mutter from the other end of the call.

"I love you Denis."

"I love you too sunshine."

With that we both hung up and I groaned, sliding off of the couch, I had to do something productive with my day.

I quickly got dressed and fixed up my hair and makeup, grabbing my keys and driving to the grocery store, I hadn't been eating well recently and needed to get back to it.

As I browsed the aisles I looked down as I walked, not paying attention as I ran into the hard chest of someone who reached out and steadied me.

"Mia?" I heard an all too familiar voice.

My head snapped up to meet the eyes of Max, short for maximilion, my most recent ex.

"M....max." I was quite surprised by his presence, seeing as we had broken up for he and his company to move to America where he thought it would prosper. "I thought you were in America."

"The visas didn't all work out." He sighed. "I just got back Tuesday."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, everything happens for a reason Mia."

"Still." I bit my lip.

"I'm glad I ran into you. I was actually planning to give you a call this afternoon, you know because I'm back now I was thinking that maybe we could go out to lunch or something."

"I....uh....I have a boyfriend." I stuttered awkwardly.

"I don't see him."

"Denis. He's on tour." I quickly explained.

"Oh." He said curtly.

"What?"

"Just oh. You two are back together after he cheated so many times? I mean, I thought you had more self worth than that."

"He's changed." I glared.

"Do people ever really change?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Obviously they do because you have definitely turned into a pure asshole." I retorted.

"Shit. I didn't mean to come off this way, I just was wanting to make sure he wasn't pressuring you into this beautiful. I know that you wanted to be on better terms with him after the accident for your mom and dad."

"Well this isn't about that. I promise. I am very happy with Denis and I love him.

"So you are the vocalist for D&D now." He changed the subject.

I nodded.

"It's the best job ever." I smiled. "I get to party and hang out with my best friends every day.

"You know you wouldn't have to work if you and I had stayed together." He chuckled.

His family was rich and had handed the company down to him, making him extra affluent.

"I prefer working." I bit my lip before he left I had been swept up in the romance of it all. He was rich and had bought me many gifts, most of which I never used. I wasn't one for many expensive gifts.

"You deserve to be showered with luxurious gifts though. I'm sure Denis doesn't give you those."

He began to make me feel uncomfortable with all of these snide comments he was making. So I bit back.

"He doesn't but he sure does make up for it in bed."

He paled visibly.

"You've slept with him?"

"Multiple times." That wasn't a lie. When we dated a few years back he was my first, and then the time we were drunk a few months ago definitely counted. I was just bending the truth a bit.

"Oh. So you two are very serious."

"Yes?" I raised my eyebrow. "What were you planning on stealing me away?" I joked.

"Actually I was." He said seriously.

I laughed instinctively. "You're joking right?"

"You will just have to wait and find out." He winked. "I'll see you soon Mia." And with that he was gone.

-----
A/N: I know it has been forever since I updated! So here it is! I hope my American readers had a wonderful thanksgiving!