The best things in life are free

Chapter 15: The best things in life are free

Later that day Fred took Lucy out to the castle grounds, he promised he would show her something tonight and he wouldn't break his promise. They walked out, Fred practically dragging Lucy along. Fred dragged her to the top of a hill then pointed to the sky.

"I-It's beautiful" Lucy said trying to find words

"I know, I thought you'd like it" Fred paused then spoke again "Would you like to watch the stars for a bit?"

"Yes please"

Fred sat down and Lucy sat down next to him, the stars were truthfully beautiful, they were scattered around the full moon. Lucy couldn't help but feel this was Fred's way of trying to take her on a date but was too nervous to ask. 

Lucy yawned and laid down, Fred copied her (but didn't yawn)

"Copy cat!" Lucy smiled

Fred smiled and they watched the stars again, suddenly a shooting star came into view

"Oh my gosh! A shooting star! Lets make a wish" Lucy said "I wish for another guitar with amp, what about you?" Lucy asked Fred

"I wish for..." Fred thought about it, what did he want more than anything in the world? He had all the jokes he needed for now, but then it hit him. He had to say it someday, and stop being scared cat "I wish for us to be together"

Lucy looked at him slightly shocked, slightly flattered

"Really?" She asked happy

"Yes"

"That's so cute!"

"I know"

Lucy moved closer to Fred and he put an arm around her, 'so this is what love feels like' Lucy thought to herself, Fred loved her and he couldn't deny, but she was only thirteen and he was fifteen, she would have to wait a while before anything major happened.

"Fred?" Lucy asked

"Yes?"

"Can you promise me one thing?"

"What is it?"

"Can you keep this a secret?"

"Of course"

"Thanks, because you know how mental dad would be if he found out"

"I'm surprised he hasn't found out already"

"Oh well it doesn't matter"

Fred and Lucy continued to gaze at the stars for a while longer, until Lucy decided to head to Snape's quarters, she got up and Fred did too

"I better head back to dad's quarters now, he will probably be getting worried..." Lucy began to head off but Fred grabbed her hand

"Come back to the Gryffindor common room" Fred looked desperate

"Fred, if I wasn't in his quarters he would get worried, remember what happened last time when I was in the common room? He went mad"

"I know, but just this once, for me, please"

"Not today, but I will do soon, see you tomorrow" Lucy hugged Fred, before Fred knew what he was doing he had already kissed her on the cheek, Lucy blushed then ran down the hill.

Fred watched her go, he turned around again and gazed at the sky, but then he ran down the hill and went to the Gryffindor common room, avoiding all the teachers who were on duty.

Fred got himself into bed and started at the celling for a while, he re-thought what happened tonight, Lucy enjoyed his choice of date, he would have to take her out again sometime where Snape couldn't find them.

After a while he drifted off to sleep, there was one thing he was certain, he was in love with Lucy Snape.