The Past

The gang told their stories of what they've been through and what they've learned.

"Uhhh.....so time travel and dragons, wow." Leslie was trying comprehend all of what she was told.

"Why don't you tell us about you?" asked, oh curious, little Wendy.

"Uh, oh. Okay." Leslie looked down at her hands.

"I was born in Cally Flower, it was a very, small town. And it was very, very isolated, so you probably never heard about it."

Leslie looks up to see if anyone had. But they nod their heads side-to-side indicating that they haven't.

So, Leslie continues "It was me, my brother, and our parents."

"Wait, you have a brother?" questioned Lucy.

"Yeah." she nodded.

"Can we meet him?" asked Natsu and Gray as they sat up.

"I don't know." she answered.

"He was protective. He always stood up for me if someone was mean to me. He and I are twins, so we have the same hair color. And because of that, he was fun of, too. There was nothing I could do to help him, though."

They had given her a saddened look toward all she said.

"We were five when the volcano, next to the town, erupted. It wasn't supposed to for at least a thousand years, but they were wrong. Bearly ten, out of a hundred, survived.
As we were running, an earthquake occurred. We were pushed away from a falling tree. But our parents got crushed underneath it."

"Oh, nooo." the girls were sorrowful.

"We ran back to them and they told us that we had to go on without them." Leslie was almost in tears at this point.

"Our father made us promise him that we be together, forever, as family. Then our mother stuffed our family photo in the overalls I was wearing that day. And told us to never forget them." Leslie wipes away a tear, and takes a deep breath.

The gang was so quiet and then she realized they were almost in tears.

"What happened next?" Happy sounded sad.

"The lava flowed into the crack, saving us some time to get to the next town. We ran till we hit a small cliff. He tried to see if we could find another way down, but he got too close to the edge. And it collapsed underneath him, I tried to catch him, but it collapsed underneath me, too."

The gang had their jaws dropped with sad looks. Except for Natsu, he looked rather concerned more than anything else, and Leslie saw that. But she continued anyway.

"We had hit a tree on the way down and it knocked us out. When I woke up, I was bruised and sore, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. I looked and looked, but to no avail.
I walked for hours trying to get to the next town, to see if he was already there. The town's people called the Council, worried about what they heard. I had ran into one of them and I was crying my eyes out for my brother.
They took me to the nearest hospital and they round up everyone they could find, but they didn't find him.
But I was adopted, a little while afterwards, by a couple who couldn't have children. They were cruel and I hated them! I hated the kids in my school too, they would tell me to don't bother looking for him, that he's probably dead. Even the couple that adopted me, told me the same thing.
They would beat me repeatedly, too, especially the woman. Sometimes, I don't even know what I did or said to make them angry."

"You didn't do anything, they were just cruel!" Lucy grabbed Leslie's hands, looking at her with stern eyes.

"It was about two years when I couldn't take it no more. So, I ran away, but they sent out people to find me. One of them did, I begged him not to take me back. He noticed all the bruises on me and asked if they did it, I nodded yes. So, he let me go and I could hear yelling, in the backround, he said it was just a dog.
Ever since then I was alone. Well, at least for about three years. And that's when I met Mori.
Though some time before that, I met a man who gave me a book full of teleportation spells. He said I'll need it more than him. I guess he saw that I was always being chased by people because I had to steal food to survive.
After several years of looking for my brother I realized that they may be right. That he could be dead, but I didn't care. I was still going to find him, and I am!" she finally end life story.