Where They Went. (Part 5)

"Thank you for what you've done. We leave the rest with you." Mest thanked.

"Yes, thank you. This means a lot to me, and good luck on catching those thieves." the King gave his farewell.

Now with business done there it was time to leave Crocus in search for Patty Greene and Stalder Jackson.

"Alright! Time to go home and stuff our faces!" Natsu cheered.

"Yeah!" Leslie cheered with him.

"Idiots." Erza snarled, "WE STILL HAVE TO CATCH THE THIEVES!" she yelled and smacked them straight into the concrete road, breaking it.

"Ow..." they expressed their pain.

"Thank you, she's quite the idiot sometimes." Mori grimaced at her stupidity.

"No problem, we have to deal Natsu all the time." Erza accepted his thanks.

With all the supplies they need ready to go, curtsy of the King, they set off to the thieves.

Two hours later.....

"Where are we headed, again?" Lucy asked.

"Oak Town. He told me that they said Oak Town could use their help." Erza answered.

"Their help? Why would they need a thieves help?" Gray grew suspicious.

"I was thinking the same thing. It's possible that Oak Town is planning something, and they money to get it done." Erza expressed her theory.

"I guess we'll find out went we get there." Lucy commented.

Several hours later.....

The gang has stopped for the night to set up camp, eat, and sleep.

Leslie was deep in thought when Lucy tapped her on the shoulder.

"Huh?" Leslie whipped her head up.

"Sorry, you looked like you were trying to make your ham combust into flames. Is something on your mind?" Lucy inquired her while Natsu took the idea, and turned his ham into a flaming ham torch.

"Well, I just realized that our thieves have different last names but are married. That just doesn't make sense to me." she told her.

"Actually, they've only proclaimed their marriage. Nothing was ever made official." Erza explained.

"Oh, that makes more sense."

"The story is that they robbed a jewelry store for their rings. Then they took a priest hostage, forcing him to do a ceremony. That was the stunt that made them famous." Erza told the story.

They slept the night away and drove another day before reaching Oak Town.

Now that they've reached Oak Town, they decide to let Natsu's stomach and Leslie's head rest and return to normal before asking around town.

While Natsu was bent over a suitcase and Leslie laying on the ground, they all sat down and talk a bit.

"Leslie, have you ever been to Oak Town?" Lucy asked.

"Once. I'm not necessarily fond of the town. So we never stayed long."

"Why not?" Erza wondered.

"The layout is too wonky for me. For it being a castle town there are a lot of unnecessary dead ends."

"I can see why you don't, we don't either really. But for a different reason." Gray sympathetically agreed.

"What reason is that?" Mori inquired.